Pulleys

Aminor_Accident

My 89 t-bird pulleys are band they have like flat spots on them i went to autozone and they gave me the wrong part i went back home and measured the pulley the 1st 2 are around 3 inches the 3rd is like 2.750 is this correct and does anybody have the correct part numbers i need for my coupe so i can order them thanks

If you are talking about the tensioner pullies, its Dayco #89016. You should be able to get them at auto zone

Dont do the plastic replacements. They are junk. The guy working the assembly line then drank a 5th of jack. The steel replacements are the same as the Taurus. Not sure what year but you can do a search and find it. (or spend the extra cash and buy the aluminum ones)

Dont do the plastic replacements. They are junk.

That’s a matter of opinion.... The plastic ones may not last quite as long but they are lighter. The parasitic loss wil be less with the plastic ones vs. the steel ones.

Bryan

SuperChicken89 said:
That’s a matter of opinion.... The plastic ones may not last quite as long but they are lighter. The parasitic loss wil be less with the plastic ones vs. the steel ones.

Bryan

You got me there!.............

Back