constantly get code #185...

ddw350

it came up awhile back,i cleared it out and it keeps returning..the cel light will come on for like 30 seconds,usually after hard acceleration..should i get a new maf..or is there another solution,besides hosing it off with cleaner which i did twice...i think its a c&L unit,though it doesnt seem to do anything better than the stock one i had years ago.....any ideas..

Ok...

If you are still getting the code 185...chances are the MAF wires are still dirty or the wrong calibration tube---or----bad wiring to the MAF.

The MAF reads incoming air and translates that to voltage. This voltage reading goes from about 1.10-4.9 under normal conditions. The computer knows because of Throttle position, that the car should be getting so much air. Then it's throwing the code. You need to clean the wires with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. DO NOT SPRAY ANY CLEANER AT THE WIRES!!!!! This could permanently damage the MAF sensor. Make sure the sample tube is correct for the injector size you have. The 94-95 tube for 36's is different than the 89-93 one (just an example).

If problem still happens, you need to read the MAF voltage. If this is the case, give a call and I'll walk you through it.

How far into the throttle does the MAF throw the code...half way...all the way????/

Don

(973) 277-4294

seems only on decelleration,after flooring it for about 5 seconds...it'll come down to crusing speeds then after like 5-10 seconds of normal driving it pops on,only for like a few seconds then it goes off,does it like 2-3 times a month,its a C&L from like 1999-2000,never had any issues with it till a month ago....thanks don..thats kind of ya to offer the help!!

Back