Under Chasis Neon lights

Q

quiksil33

Under Chasis Neon lights

just got a quick questions fellas, I was wondering if anyone ever installed the underbody neon light kits on their sc's, if anyone has how hard is it, any pointers? and how much does it cost to purchase them... try and get back to me thank you

not too hard to do

My friend Mike has green under body neons on his SC. He paid like $300 for the kit and install, I think the light kit itself was like $198.95 or something like that. He had a local car customizing shop put them on for him. I would have put the money towards some more mods, but thats just me. They look neat at night time.

-Scott-
no 100.jpg

1993 Audi quattro 5-speed
1992 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
1990 Thunderbird SC auto

Re: not too hard to do

I have a friend with em, and I am putting them on this weekend.

I heard it is kind of hard to install, but it looks wicked at nite

Re: not too hard to do

yea they are nice, you think you could let me know how things go and how hard it was? thanks

underbody

underbody kits are kind of a dr jekyl mr hyde type thing in my opinion. They can make or break the look of your car. If you dont tuck the lights themeselves up enough into the undercarriage it will look horrible. You're going to want to see the glow and nothing else. Not only does tucking the lights up look better, but it farther protects your investment with making them less exposed to the elements

what color neons are all you guys running??

Re: underbody

I ordered my set and they should be here this week. I got the blue ones for my 2" lowered midnight blue SC. Should look good.....I hope :)

I used to install them all the time, and I thought they went out of style back in the early 90's.

Jeff

Seems rice-ish! Only saw them on rice or ghetto cars - Just my h/o.

Neon lights are kind of earlish 90's.. I wouldnt suggest doin em on an SC now.. They looked nasty to me back then and they still do now.. BUt then again its just my opinion :)

I like the idea of the lights as it really helps to set your car off at night. But you have to do it real subdued and if possible find a unique way to do it.

The ricer way is loud and in you face and overdone.

Hot Rod have been finding ways to put lights under their cars for years to help show off all the chrome under there.

I wish I had more money, and more time as I'd like to do something with fiber-optics embedded in the bodywork.

Someday.

here

neons.jpg

-Scott-
no 100.jpg

1993 Audi quattro 5-speed
1992 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
1990 Thunderbird SC auto

Re: Under Chasis Neon lights

I was thinking about installing the underbody neon lights as well, but I'm still worrying about serious car enthusiasts calling it RICE. What's involved in the installation? And also, wouldn't the SC's ground effects pretty much cover the lights and keep them unexposed??
Stas.

You're not looking for lights, you're looking for a glow. I don't think a glow would be to hard to achieve.

I'd want to be subtly creative though. Get to glowing those fancy wheels or brakes. Do something with the rear bumper and the Thunderbird - SC logo.

I think if I was going to do it, I'd want the exhaust flames as well.

Now if you have built yourself a low rider SC, then pull out all the stops.

Think of Noen as 4 flouresnt tubes and a ballast (high voltage transformer) apply power to the ballast then the light comes on, it is as simple as that.

Don't forget the chi-chi balls, fuzzy dice, curb feelers and chrome fender pieces, it'll look superspiffaroo.

Jeff

Lights??

Well IMOP....I know...Nobody cares..LOL...But I guess if you are lookin' for laughs then light Dat SH!T up boys...

Cheers

neon lights

Everybody remember that at least here in California those lights are illegal. I had them on a '34 ford 3 window and got pulled over. I was told to remove them, never did, but the point is they are illegal when driving.
Ed

Re: neon lights

I have red under my sc. Has been on for a couple of months now. The only hrad part of mine was screwing the tube under the rear bumper. It took forever with self tapping screws. That is some kind of metal behind the bumper. It looks great though.

Re: neon lights

My opinion is whatever you like, do it to your car. Its your own opinion that matters. And my opinion is I like undercar lights, as long as you don't go ricer wild crazy with the whole car. I saw a SC the other day with one of those big retarded wings, and it was the same year as mine. I wanted to cry.....

Alicia

re:

I have had them on the car for a while, they look awesome but my car sat to low to keep them on for daily driving! I got tazer his kit and he should be almost done knowing him!

done wrong, they are crap, and look tacky, but done right in the proper spots they look decent!

Putting these on an SC is good because it actually looks nice with some chrome rims and when driving at WOT, compared to the cars the I get at work, e.g a 1984 toyota celica which was two tone grey and blue, he bought green undercar neon -looked like garbage, I would of used the 300 he payed to hire someone to roll the car off a cliff for me!

I had some pics of mine when it was underneath and I think doughboy has them

Back