Do you have a Lentec valve body

kenewagner

I would like to know how many of you have a Lentec valve body? What problems did you run into installing and did you get the right calibration for your particular combinations. Any changes you would make in retrospect. Thanks

Ken

lentech

I have one and it is a great valvebody for drag racing. No issues ever with it. It locks third gear out via a switch so the car won't shift into overdrive running through the quarter mile. Nice firm quick shifts.

I've been running Lentech VB's for several years. I tried the Art Carr Extreme AOD and wasn't happy with the way they lock out OD. You won't be disappointed with a Lentech VB.

Kurt K said:
I've been running Lentech VB's for several years. I tried the Art Carr Extreme AOD and wasn't happy with the way they lock out OD. You won't be disappointed with a Lentech VB.
Kurt, where about do I get one?

I used to have a trans-go shift kit and finally listened to Kurt and tried a Lentech VB, and it's much better. Mine is the street terminator w/electric OD delete and has a calibration II shift firmness/speed. I've had it for about 4 or 5 years and I still consider it to be one of my best mods.

David

David Neibert said:
I used to have a trans-go shift kit and finally listened to Kurt and tried a Lentech VB, and it's much better. Mine is the street terminator w/electric OD delete and has a calibration II shift firmness/speed. I've had it for about 4 or 5 years and I still consider it to be one of my best mods.

David

I too currently have the Trans-go shift kit in my SC. It's a great shift kit for a STOCK SC, but not a modified one. I don't even consider my SC a highly modified one, and no matter what I can't keep it out of OD. On the dyno (and street too) is shifts right at 4300 rpm into OD. There's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I've got the TV cable adjusted so that it shifts at the highest rpm possible, but it still shifts. That means on the strip, I'm shifting into OD before 1000' slowing me WAY down.

I've ordered a Lentech Street Terminator valve body with the stage 2 calibration from Victor. I call Lentech today to get all the details worked out about my car. I can't wait to be able to hold out OD!

kenewagner said:
Spinningwheels is now a Lentec distributer. Call Victor
Payton is in Ontario, makes more sense for him to order directly from Lentech. Not that Lentech can't ship to the US without issues either.

I use a Lentech street/strip terminator trans with the Lentech valve body.
The valve body has the #2 setting. Its the only setup that I have found
to run over 1000 miles at a time.

Payton If you deside to buy one.It would be nice if you could tell Len
thanks for the SC/XR7 Shootout support. Lentech has help sponsor
most all of the SC/XR7 shootouts that we have had. If you would
purchase a valve body ,and if you need any info for installation,
and set-up.Lentech is more than happy to help you on there tech
line. And if you buy direct from Lentech,They somtimes give out
gift certificates at the end of the year for future buys.

Thanks Randy

Last edited:
Randy N Connie said:
Lentech is more than happy to help you on there tech line.

Thanks Randy

Ditto on the tech. Lentech didn't build my transmission (only the VB) but they were more than happy to help my troubleshoot my problems

Ken I was looking at the nontech post you have with pictures of your engine bay.It looks very nice.

On my Lentech trans I am useing a aluminum billet transmission pan.
I have A chrome Ford Racing trans pan. It is laying around in my shop
and I have no use for it.I used it for around 50 miles when bolted on.
It came with one of my Lentech transmissions.

I thought since your car looks so nice,and it sounds like you are
thinking of swapping in a lentech valve body.You may be interrested
in a new chrome trans pan. I will give it to you,if you pay for the
shipping (ground UPS) My zip is 62414 so you can see if its worth
your time and money to have shipped to you. If your interested
PM me your address and I will ship it out to ya! Then after I get
the shipping price you can pay me when I send my address with
the trans pan.

Randy

Randy: Thanks for the compliment on the engine bay. I would love to have that pan. I will PM you the address, Zip code is 68110. I am really fired up about the valve body. I am heading out to upstate NY for 11/2 weeks and hope to come back and install the valve body. We have a club meeting in Kansas City and will be running on the strip there next month.

Kurt: Victor might be able to get some better pricing on the valve body since he is selling them like hot cakes right now. He can place the order and Lentec would ship direct to Payton, in Canada. He would need to talk to Victor as I dont know for sure.

Most of all I am looking for problems during the installation or tips to make the installation easier. I beleive everyone has said their tec line is top notch but everyone usually has a tale to tell when doing a mod

Ken

Kurt K said:
Payton is in Ontario, makes more sense for him to order directly from Lentech. Not that Lentech can't ship to the US without issues either.

It would not be shipped to Victor then shipped back to Canada...Just the money through Victor and right now, he's running a bit of a deal on them for the initial purchase. Payton may just be able to save a few bucks by going through Victor, that's all. It's worth looking into.

kenewagner said:
Most of all I am looking for problems during the installation or tips to make the installation easier. I beleive everyone has said their tec line is top notch but everyone usually has a tale to tell when doing a mod

Ken

The only un-nerving part of the whole installation process is drilling a hole in your perfectly good transmission case :eek: Lentech's instructions are top notch. It will definitely help to have a pressure gauge so you can properly set your TV cable. Lentech's instruction actually tell you the recommended pressure to set the TV cable without using the gauge block that's mentioned in the factory service manual (as it turns out, I have the gauge block). Then all you need to do is provide switched 12 vdc powered when you want to electronically "lock out" OD.

Kurt K said:
The only un-nerving part of the whole installation process is drilling a hole in your perfectly good transmission case :eek: Lentech's instructions are top notch. It will definitely help to have a pressure gauge so you can properly set your TV cable. Lentech's instruction actually tell you the recommended pressure to set the TV cable without using the gauge block that's mentioned in the factory service manual (as it turns out, I have the gauge block). Then all you need to do is provide switched 12 vdc powered when you want to electronically "lock out" OD.

Thats the good stuff I am looking for. I am fairly decent at fabrication but I have never touched a transmission. I am looking forward to installing it. Can you tell me what kind of pressure gauge and where you use it on the transmission? I have a lot of diffrent pressure gauges at my shop from 15lbs to 1000 lbs guages. Thanks

kenewagner said:
Thats the good stuff I am looking for. I am fairly decent at fabrication but I have never touched a transmission. I am looking forward to installing it. Can you tell me what kind of pressure gauge and where you use it on the transmission? I have a lot of diffrent pressure gauges at my shop from 15lbs to 1000 lbs guages. Thanks
With the gauge block, I use a 0-80 psi gauge. From memory, I think Lentech recommends 0-30 without the gauge. But you will need to be able to distinguish 2-5 psi, so it will need to be fairly accurate.

Kurt K said:
With the gauge block, I use a 0-80 psi gauge. From memory, I think Lentech recommends 0-30 without the gauge. But you will need to be able to distinguish 2-5 psi, so it will need to be fairly accurate.

Thanks Kurt. I appriciate the input

Ken

You should have said something at the tune Ken - I would have let you take mine for a spin so you can get a good feel for the Lentech VB :D And after getting, I consider it one of the better mods as well. If I did it over again, would I buy a full Lentech trans? I don't know. But I'd certainly get the VB.

When you get back from vacation, we'll see if we can find an evening to get together and I'll let you take it for a spin :D

-Melon

Ken I shipped you the Ford Racing chrome trans pan today,UPS.
If you keep it,you owe me $11.64.

I think its suppose to hold more volume,1 qt. and not for sure,
but uses a Ford truck transmission pan gasket.

Good luck Randy

Back