No Start...No Spark...NO FUN!!!!

NastyEssCee

Just a quick rundown of the problems the bird had for the last month.

Driving down the road and it just quits....starts up and sputters and misfires BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD....hasnt started since

Replaced Coilpack
Replaced DIS
fuel pressure at 40psi
tried to 'jump' a spark from a plug wire to some metal...nothing
Replaced Battery
Starter is Ok...Just feeling a bit violated
fuel pump engages (checked the tank with a stethoscope)
Checked Fuel Pressure with Inertia switch open/close...working fine

all things point towards the crank sensor...

tomorrow im going to replace the crank sensor...and wires....just wanted to know if theres anything else i should be looking at...or anything i should watch out for

I had something of the same problems awhile back. Found out it was fouled plugs. Check a couple, see what they look like. Those plugs were the last thing I thought went wrong. These cars can throw you a curve ball every now and then.

tomorrow im going to replace the crank sensor...and wires....just wanted to know if theres anything else i should be looking at...or anything i should watch out for

Broken balancer/balancer bolt :eek:

If it just up and quit on ya I'd check the cam sensor and crank sensor, thought maybe the DIS but you replaced that.

sounds...

Sounds just like a bad balancer. The ring probably shifted and threw off the spark timing and injector timing and it quit. Check out the balancer and see if the bolts are in..

It is most likely the balancer.....or crank sensor...Check for the ever so tale-telling up-shift light...if it's on...crank sensor.

Don

heres the lowdown....

went to change out the crank sensor and as an added measure
checked the balancer and bolt...sure enough...BAM
bolt came loose some how??? and chewed up the balancer...

ANYONE GOT A BALANCER FOR SALE

1990 5-speed T-bird

(no upshift light on my dash....mine is digital)

EMAIL AT JSAUL83@yahoo.com PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP! I CANT FIND OnE ANYWHERE!

Reverse order. Balancer went south and broke the bolt. Spinning Wheels carries the BHJ balancer (pricey part but reusable). Use a spacer on both sides when setting the crank sensor.

Back