Can the bleeder valve/screw be replaced on a caliper?

CaifanSC

SCCoA Member
The bleeder valve in one of the front calipers of my 35th is rounded off. I cant fit a wrench over it. I can probably remove it using vice grips or a bolt out kit, but i will obviously not be able to re-use it. Can they be replaced?

I replaced the ABS pump on the 35th and all i need is to finish bleeding the front two calipers to have it road-worthy!!

yup....theyre like a few bucks at any parts store....they just screw right out...save some time and buy a vacuum pump bleeder...just hook it up to the rear caliper and SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK your done...it works on clutches too hehe theyre cool and only like 40 bucks....plus if your alone one night and you have a spare plastic cylinder...some fish tube and a pocket knife and you have yourself a really good girlfriend that doesnt talk back...JK have fun

i got new bleeders and they wher .99 cents i tried the suction gun and i couldnt get it to work that well for me. i found it easier to wait for someone to help me that doesnt complain every 45 seconds :rolleyes:

Back