Aftermarket Radiators

Thrust89SC

After installing new shocks, and replacing most all the front suspension on the 89 SC, I drive into work last Friday and there is a pin-hole leak in the top of the radiator. I made it home okay, and have been searching the net for aftermarket replacement radiators. Tons of possible suppliers.......

Anyone have suggestions for a stock replacement and good company to order from?

Thanks for the input.

PS: The Tokico Illumina II's and SCP bushings are really great.

Check Ebay, I just got a Griffin brand new for $100 shipped. Griffins arent the greatest.....nothing like Mikes but they work. You can find an aluminum for the same price or cheaper than the radiator express. You will have to modify the bracket for the IC if its stock.

Dahoopd said:
Check Ebay, I just got a Griffin brand new for $100 shipped. Griffins arent the greatest.....nothing like Mikes but they work. You can find an aluminum for the same price or cheaper than the radiator express. You will have to modify the bracket for the IC if its stock.

I have a 1 of a kind radiator built by mike, it was out in the garage and a radiator builder stopped by because I was working on his wifes car. I had to clean the radiator afterwards he drueled all over it.
I have a 4.6 so my radiator was special ;)
Alan

I was just about ready to get one from Mike as well when he quit making them. I might be in the market for a new radiator as well.

-Melon

Dahoopd said:

Do you have the auction number? I'm interested in what you ended up buying, was it specific for the SC?

thanks!

Dahoopd said:
Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=8057947870&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

If that doesnt work, the auction # is 8057947870

The only bad thing is I had to have a tray fabbed up and brackets for the mounting. I also am having a tray/cap made for the top so it can be polished. Once its done I can send picks. The only real differance is the water neck is on the opposite side so the overflow tube has to be longer but thats no biggy.

I got this overflow bottle out of an 87 T-Bird so that I can put it between the core support and rad. The stock bottle just didnt come clean enough for my liking.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
does anyone have any specifics on fabbing some brackets to make a 'universal' radiator fit the SC?

Thanks,
Nick

Back