GURUS! Please help IDENTIFYING these parts

X

xThunderbirdSCx

I was installing my 42# injectors and i found some "out of place" things under the supercharger. Please help in identifying these.

This is a small vaccum hose that runs from the passenger side. Apparently the previous owner plugged it with a screw. What is it, and where does it go?
05-24-06_1719.jpg

05-24-06_1720.jpg

05-24-06_1721.jpg

This is a long plastic tube that ran adjacent to the fuel lines. It wasnt connected to anything(i think?) as it was just dangling there. What is it and where does it go???
05-24-06_1736.jpg

05-24-06_1737.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Second one looks like the hard tube that goes from the driver side valve, under the snout of the SC, behind the A/C compressor to hook to the hose coming off the intake tube for the throttle body.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
This is a small vaccum hose that runs from the passenger side. Apparently the previous owner plugged it with a screw. What is it, and where does it go?

Thanks for the help!

That plugged vac line was once connected to an EGR valve, the previous owner has apparently deleeted it. You could chop/cap it at the junction, but you would prob be best to leave it as it is.

I know because I scavenged my 92's top side which does not have EGR, and I just did HG work on my 89 which does have EGR. (until I swap in the 92 intake components+exhaust manifolds w/o).

paul

xThunderbirdSCx said:
is not having an EGR valve going to be a problem?
You havent had a problem yet :D

I think its up for debate but you could just have the car tuned to not have it and it wont throw any codes

Bill,

You should ask Dave being he did your headgaskets no? Maybe he rerouted some stuff or deleted stuff. He tuned your car also so he could have easily turned off the EGR thus blocking off the vacuum to it.

Yes, the second on is the crackcase ventilation tube thet comes off the drivers side vavle cover and just dumps near the fire wall.

I own a 93 ( no EGR) but just got done working on a 90 with EGR and that tube went to a tee bolted to the underside of the cowl. Unless I am seeing something differant

Back