How much HP am I adding?

bbird94

Hey guys,

This summer I am planning on getting my car in good working order. As of now this is all talk but I will get it done. I was wondering how much HP I should be looking at in gaining with: - doing an S-port on my blower
- 5% OD pulley
- porting the stock manifolds
- 76mm MAF
- possibly a TB, 75mm

I already have a CAI, 3/4 top and exhaust. The HP numbers I was looking for was at the wheels. What do you guys think? Thanks for any inquiries and have a good one!

Later,
Brandon

I'm not sure about the HP numbers of the listed mods, but if you don't already have underdrive pulleys, you definitely need to add them to your list.

With those mods plus the underdrives you'll be looking the in the neighborhood of 215 rwhp to 230 rwhp. You'll definately want to open up your exhaust if you haven't already. It may not sound like much, but it is about a 40 rwhp pick-up from a stock SC. Again, if you haven't done it yet, get the exhaust done, unless you look forward to things like HG replacements.

I have seen very similar mods make from 210 rwhp up to 245 rwhp. A lot depends on the working order (internally) of your engine. I'd guess right around the 220 rwhp range which is right in the middle of the range I gave you above. It's a good start and it does feel good...but leaves you wanting more...then you get more, and want more...it's a never ending cycle. :)

The 75mm TB is a waste of money, you don't need it till much later. Even the 70mm is a waste, but it looks cool and says SUPERCOUPE on it. But for the $300 it costs you can do more stuff that will make a difference.

Hi Ya'll,

My car dynoed 223 rwhp & 322 rwtq with an exhuast that still used the stock cats, from there back it was custom. At that power I had still the stock air resonator in and used a cheap paper air filter. Since I have gotten a completely gutted exhuast, top, & CAI so from what you guys say the best ways for power without spending to much is: - S-port the blower
- underdrives
- port the manifolds
- 5% OD pulley
- 76mm MAF
Sounds like good small project for the summer!! Thanks for all your help ya'll!

Later,
Brandon

Back