How Bad Does This Balancer Look???

NastyEssCee

its baaaaaaaaaaad....

3c2aff1c.jpg

this sucks....anyone got a balancer email me Jsaul83@yahoo.com

Don't reuse a used balancer. Best thing to do is bite the bullet and get a new one or you will be replacing it again in the near future. Get a BHJ balancer. ;)

You can get a rebuilt balancer with a 3 year warr. for $150 exchange from www.damperdoctor.com. Used balancers are ok if they are in good condition but usually they are 99% ready to do just what yours already did. Don't generally recommend a used balancer unless you know how to check them out.

Just bite the ....

Bite the bullet and by the BHJ. It's money to do this, although in the long run, your car will thank you!!!

Don

HEeeeeeyyyy....i have one of those sitting in my shed too! I use it from time to time to whack stuff. I think that was one of the last jobs for which i called 'my mechanic':p back in like 2000.

In any case skydvr: grab the crank pulley and move it around, check the bolt to make sure its not backed off (or gone!)...there should be no movement in the pulley. If you can, get the pulley off and check the actual balancer and see if the rubber is worn or damaged. Any sign of that could be a damaged or bad balancer.

For what its worth alot of people use used balancers (pardon the redundancy)..me included I replaced my broken one with a used one sent to me by Duffy FLoyd. If you install a used one you always have the risk of it failing, but i still went a while with the used balancer until my hg's failed (then it was replaced with a bhj). IF you're looking for longevity get either a new balancer/pulley combo or a BHJ.

dammit ill have to wait two weeks to be able to afford the BHJ balancer
GRAAAAAAAAAAWR this damn car is killing me...im about to change its name from NastyEssCee to SittingUnderA~~~~~~nTreeForTwoWeeksEssCee

Back