codes in KOEO, but none in KOER

Miller

I ran several of each test, and on the KOEO tests I always throw code 565 the canister purge solenoid... I have pulled the battery for 15 mins and pulled the jumper out during the codes to clear it, and it keeps throwing me that code... But with 4 KOER tests, I didnt throw any codes...
I also did the cyl. balance test, just for the hell of it and everything checked out okay.... does this mean everythign is running ok but its still stored in the computer ?

I have no idea whether the valve is actually closeing or opening or how the eec knows what its doing. but I know you can block off the hoses without wrecking anything.

That code won't cause any CEL's or anything. Just replace the solenoid which on the early year cars anyways is behind and below the pax side head light. It has a couple of vacuum lines to it as well as an electrical connector.

The valve cost me something like $25.00CDN... I'll need to check my records on that.

Before you've installed it, unplug the battery, install it, then reconnect and hopefully the code will have cleared.

If you just plug the vacuum lines and leave it, you will always have that code come up and can be a pain when trying to troubleshoot other problems in the future.

Frit

He did replace it. And the light is driving himn crazy..I told him it shouldnt effect the way the car drives but ya know...

Back