Anyone have a problem with the oil pressuer guage mod?

sizemoremk

I used the ps-60 sender, and I fount' da resistor, and cheted it.

When I turn the key on, the guage goes all the way to the right, but when it starts, it reads nothing...

Any ideas?

I removed the abs light bulb out of its socket, and re-connected the socket. Would this have anything to do with it???

I know it will build some pressure because it did with the drill when I built it I am gonna put the mechanical guage on it tomorrow to check. To be honest, I never looked at it when I was having the starting problem, or I'd have put the mechanical guage on it lready...

Sounds like you have a short there. You have to be careful soldering on that plastic cause it doesn't take much to melt it(ie DON"T use a blow torch to solder it on LOL!!!)

Frit

I am still having an issue with this...

I just out in anohter guage cluster, and made extra sure to use caution, etc...

The needle goes immediately to max when key on. When cranked it goes ack to zero.

I did test ti with a mechanical guage to verify...

I'm using the PS60 sender, I guess I replace it next... Maybe they gave me a bad one???

ANy ideas?

I once bought one of the on/off type oil pressure sensors from PEP Boys that worked backwards. It did the same thing. I ended up taking it back and bought the correct type from Advance.

Mike Puckett said:
I once bought one of the on/off type oil pressure sensors from PEP Boys that worked backwards. It did the same thing. I ended up taking it back and bought the correct type from Advance.

The PS60 is not an on/off switch :rolleyes: i bought one to, but didnt have time yet to install it.. too much work, ripping off belts, alternator & bracket for an item like an oil pressure sender :(

Back