Desperately need rear hub assembly!

JROD

I am in the midst of having my suspension rebuilt on my 94 SC and of course not only do the bearings need to be replaced the entire rear hub has been damaged as a result----both of them! I have searched high and low, on ebay and google, at Autozone, Advance, and the only place I have located one is through a Ford dealership 20 minutes away----but they only have one, and apparently its the only one in the southeastern virginia area. Does anybody have a new one or know of a place far or near that does? I dont care if I have to order it from a Ford dealer in Alaska---somebody just give me a website or phone number please!! Thanks.

Used hubs can be used. Put a post in the classified parts wanted or search through the guys selling parts in the classifieds.

Be sure the aluminum knuckle is not damaged as well. Used is the only way to go on that part, since it is not available from Ford.

You will also want new axle nuts and torque them to 250 ft/lbs. Ford should have these nuts.

More rear hub info here:

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75073&highlight=rear+hub

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73575&highlight=rear+hub

If you go to your local Ford parts department, they can look up the part number, let you know if it's discontinued and print out a list of Ford part houses that show they have it. Then just phone around using the list. I just did this on my '94 for a discontinued valence panel and air spoiler which clips under the front bumper ( a big ground hogg took it out on the Turnpike). So I found the parts in Virginia and they shipped it within 2 days. If you tell them a Ford dealer referred you, then you may also get a discount. Mine was $71.00 shipped versus $84 list.
Good luck.

I have a bunch of good ones that I know are correct however the $10 deal looks to be the best to me, I'm not going to compete with that. For what summit is charging or frpp I could put new bearings on the ones I have. And get a pair for the same price as 1 from them.
Alan

Hubs/bearings

Has anyone checked/used the people at this site for bearing replacement or hub drilling?

www.geocities.com/stus_cobra/irs_machining.html

They do work on IRS assm's for kit cars and advertise that they press the hub bearings using the proper spacers etc. so as not to press against the bearing rollers during assembly. When I reply to hub pattern re-drilling, these are the people I think about. I havnt used them, but maybe someone else has. I guess you would have good hubs to send them.

YB

i have 2 hubs that i removed off my pajaro (bird) when i replaced them with the 4.5" swap. i sandblasted them and just have them laying around. look new. pm me if u want them. they have been sand blasted with all the rust removed. good working condition. you might want to clear coat them or something as to not get the rust back.

ohh yeah, also when ur pressing in the bearing into the knuckle, use ur old bearing for support, place it in between the new bearing and the press, helps alot. and when ur pressin in the new hub into the bearing, do not install the snap ring before pressing in the new hub. use the old bearing again for support on the bottom so the new bearing doesnt move when pressing the new hub into it. thats what did :d

Last edited:
Back