94 Sc

euphoria717

I found a 94 SC with 141,000 miles on it for $1500, and was wondering if it is a good deal. The car is bright red, body seems to be in good shape, excet for the front ground effect, under the front bumper, it is cracked on the passenger side. The car just had a new tranny put into it, but the motor has a slight miss to it. Would I be getting a good deal??? Its an automatic, with tan leather, and a moonroof

Last edited:
for that price if its nice you could afford to spend a couple hundred to freshen it up.

I'd do plugs/wires/02's/cam sensor/crank sensor/DIS module/coil pack/ and aftermarket exhaust and a shift kit.

You'd still have less than $2500 into it if you did the tune up yourself and it'd be a nice ride.

Where's it at maybe I'll buy it if you won't.

it already has flowmaster duals, and a k&n filter. He says that he has a coil for it, but didn't put it on, so that should save me some money. Well if you guys think its a good deal, then I'm going to get it. Its in Maryland. Ebay special...I was the winning bidder at $1500.

Were the 94 SC's OBDII like the LX's? I heard something about the 3.8 wasn't OBDII until 96

Last edited:
My friend had a 94 that took the obd 2, if its obd 1 its not hard to read, just get a 30 dollar code scanner. Labor rates will kill you so you need to learn to work on the car yourself. I have 239,300 miles on my SC and drive it everyday but I can fix anything that can go wrong with it. In the past year or so it's gotten all new ignition, fuel system, and recently I did the head gaskets. So it's a dependable car for me.

I have no problem working on the car, the reason I askif it is OBDII, is because I could maybe take my laptop down there with me, because I have a diagnostic program, and the OBDII plug I use on my 95LX, on my laptop. If its something thats easily fixed, I will just fix it and drive it home, as long as I can diagnose it. Or at least get it within 100 miles of my house, and call AAA to take it the rest of the way :D

I thought they switched to OBD II in 91?

Nope...They are all OBD I. They had to change in 1996. That is probably part of the reason there was no 96 SC. Didn't want to spend the money updating a platform that was on it's way out.

BTW, I would be all over a 1500 dollar 94 in decent condition.

Do plugs and a quality set of wires first and it should take care of the miss.

is this the ebay one? if so how he explained the ad was a little fishy. Who would buy a coil for it and not install the coil for a year i mean its a whole 10min swap

Well, I know the 89 and 90 have two digit code numbers and the 91 and up have 3 digit code numbers. I guess that doesn't have anything to do with it being OBD I or II. Maybe I was wrong, could be the 89 and 90 are just OBD.

Last edited:
RadiumSC said:
Well, I know the 89 and 90 have two digit code numbers and the 91 and up have 3 digit code numbers. I guess that doesn't have anything to do with it being OBD I or II. Maybe I was wrong, could be the 89 and 90 are just OBD.

all says are obd 1 no matter what year

x182dan said:
is this the ebay one? if so how he explained the ad was a little fishy. Who would buy a coil for it and not install the coil for a year i mean its a whole 10min swap

Thats what I thought too.....but here is the email I got from him when I asked hima couple questions about:

Ryan,

The car is drivable but I would not drive it that far I it would be best to tow it. The car does have a check engine light on but I think it is OBD 1. I haven't done much to the car myself.
Since I've had the car I've been working part-time so I didn't have time to work on the car myself so I bought the transmission and took the car to someone to have it put in. You can call me at (301) ***-**** with any questions.

Thanks

Andre

Scott Long said:
Sounds like he doesn't know chit about SC's. Oh well his loss is your gain hopefully.

true but it sounds very fishy if you ask me. He said he paid someone to put a tranny in it but yet he didn't have someone put the coil in that he already bought for it

Back