need help

thundrburd

well took my car to ford for them to run codes and they told me that the cam sensor or the cam is bad, but they have no way to test the cam until they put a new cam in , does anyone know if there is a way to check the cam with out changing the sensor ?? I dont really want to put 200 bucks into it for a sensor and then have them turn around and say its the cam, since it is a new motor from ford, that would really piss me off, when I went to auto zone, they told me that it was saying it thought one of the cylinders were missfiring, if that helps at all, thanks

Tony

See if AutoZone will tell you what actual code they found. On 94/95 SC's a bad cam sensor is normally like code "214", accompanied by a slight miss at idle. With these older OBD-1 (EEC-IV) systems you don't always get a direct correlation to the problem and, the Ford mechanics are far less knowledgable that the members of this club. People like George Davenport, Duffy Floyd & David Neibert are extreemly experienced with these cars. So pick up a cam sensor for $30 (it's just the top or 'stator' part that you need) & replace it by removing 2 screws.

Back