dave neibert, I need help

thundrburd

Hey dave, I went to ford and they read the codes on my car and they said the cel is coming on because of either the cam sensor, or the cam, however its a new engine, so they wanted 200 to replace the sensor to see if that is the problem first, but I dont want to pay that, I can get a sensor, but are they hard to put on the 95 sc's or is it something that I can do ??
any help would be appreciated, and I heard you were the man to talk to. thanks

Tony

I'm not David Neibert, but what you were told was a great attempt to shaft you.

Cam sensor's are $35 and you can get them at AutoZone, Advanced Auto Parts, etc... And no the cam isn't bad, LOL, that guys a joke.

BTW, easy to change.

Agreed. It wouldn't be the cam. Did they tell you the actual code?

Swapping the cam sensor is a very simple task. It's located on the top passenger side of the water pump housing/timing chain cover and is attached to the cam sensor stalk with two small screws. It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to swap.

-Rod

Like Rod said the cam sensor is an easy swap, just requires the removal of two screws. I'm pretty sure I've got a spare sensor lying around that you can have. If the car will make it to St. Charles I'll even help you install it.

Your probably alot closer to Rod's place so you may want to talk with him first.

David

alright good deal, thanks guys, just let me know if you have one and how much you want, I will be at the store today rod if you have one, I get off at 5 so I could come by today or tomorrow, thanks

Tony

will driving the car with the bad cam sensor hurt or should I just park it and not drive it till I get the new sensor on ??

thundrburd said:
will driving the car with the bad cam sensor hurt or should I just park it and not drive it till I get the new sensor on ??

Anthony,

I've got a spare sensor that you can have. I'll be around the house most of the day and if you want to bring your car over I'll help you install it. I sent you a PM with my address and cell number...just call and make sure I'm going to be here before driving over.

David

Sorry about not responding sooner, Tony. I went on a last minute vacation this weekend. Anyway, I do have a cam sensor here, just in case you can't make it out to David's house.

-Rod

no big deal rod, I got out to dave's house today, and we got it taken care of but thanks anyway.

Dave ,

havent seen the engine light yet , so I guess it took care of it, I cant believe thats what ford was going to charge 200 bucks for, bastards, anyway , thanks again for the sensor and helping put it on, I owe you a case next time I see you again, cans or bottles ?? thanks again,

Tony

Back