anti theft control module?

ThunderDave

While I was taking the abs unit out of the 91 to go in the 89, there was a control module for something that was mounted on the bracket, at the top of the brake pedal. Eddie (the-big-e) said he thought is was for the anti theft, but I didn't even know the car had it. I got no key fob with the car when I bought it.

Anyway, the 89 doesn't have that module, so I was just wondering if that's what it was. Does anyone know?

Thanks

probably the one for the clutch position switch, does it have like a plastic end thing on it? if it is then its for the clutch position switch if it is an auto, acts like a neutral safety switch on 5 speeds

The 89 has a box that's similar, but it's mounted in another location. There is no where near as much stuff under the 89 as there is under the 91 dash and the 89 has more options.

There is a circuit in those years that required you to hold your brake in to start the car. I've heard of dealerships come out to show a person an SC and couldn't get it to run cause they didnt' know ;). For a person that does know, you could deal the car down alot cause it "doesn't" work and when its signed, go out, start the car and leave :D

Frit

RadiumSC said:
The 89 has a box that's similar, but it's mounted in another location. There is no where near as much stuff under the 89 as there is under the 91 dash and the 89 has more options.

Thats interesting......
My cruise doesnt work, so where should I start looking??
89 5 speed....

paul

thirdbird said:
Thats interesting......
My cruise doesnt work, so where should I start looking??
89 5 speed....

paul
It could be a vacuum line that came loose....

Or an electrical problem in the steering wheel switches.....

Back