Magnaflow resonator + flowmaster resonator back sound?

TheDog

I have the Magnaflow resonator (not installed yet) and am thinking about getting the Flowmaster FLO-17100 resonator back kit. I'm sure it would breathe fine but how would it sound? Anybody have this kit? You can find this flowmaster kit on summitracing.com. Of course it recommends a flowmaster resonator but I got the magnaflow instead. Any comments? Thanks!

I have the flowmaster resonator and flowmaster resonator back kit. It sounded awesome before I got rid of my cats. Now it has a nice rumble at idle but gets very loud and raspy at high RPMs. I've heard good things about the magnaflow resonators too. as long as you have your cats it should sound really nice.

i had flowmaster catback on it and i swapped it out for a full custom magnaflow exhaust and magnaflow was better

whats the part # for the magnaflow res back system?
So you think it'll sound like crap without the cats? I was thinkin about having them removed for performance sake

TheDog said:
whats the part # for the magnaflow res back system?
So you think it'll sound like crap without the cats? I was thinkin about having them removed for performance sake
I would at least go with hi flow cats while you're piecing everything together. Wynn at www.texasthunderbirds.com has a good deal on his downtubes and magnaflow hi-flow cats. The sound can be annoying at times with no cats even though I've gotten used to it. It's up to you if you want to take the chance that you may not like it.

Back