I am SOOOOOOOOO LUCKY!

Scott Long

Got busted for racing tonight and the cop let me go. He even complimented my custom license plates. Then he told me to have a nice weekend. The only cop in this town that likes me, go figure.

I was cruising in the SC and I see a 35th anniversary SC rolling around so I get up next to his ~~~ and we take off so I nail it and get 2nd and 3rd gear rubber. Look in the mirror, oh ~~~~ crown vic lights. Go figure St. Joe PD. Pulls me over, they always nail the faster car. Luckily it was the only guy on the force that likes me and thinks my car is cool.

I thought I was going to jail for Memorial Day weekend and that would have sucked. I am so lucky I am going to definately tone it down.

I know that it was very stupid to get on it right in the middle of downtown but it was another SC and he was taunting me, little did he know I knew who owned that car before he bought it and I know its stock under the hood, mine isn't so I pulled him pretty good. I usually would just tell the guy to follow me out in the country and run him but this was really spur of the moment and for a few seconds I lost track of my better judgement. Thank god I have no points on my license anymore and that the cop knew me and likes the SC. He is a really cool guy and I thanked him profusely and told him I was going to take it home and park it for the night.

Last edited:
Those damn 35ths are always rolling around causing trouble. :D

On a more serious note I am glad that johnny law didn't put the hammer down on you Scott. That would not have been fun at all to go to jail for street racing.

Shane

Yeah not to mention I'm still trying to enlist in the Air Force and that would put a damper on that. That's probably the dumbest thing I've done in the past two years. Luckily for me I haven't had a ticket in over 2 years and now I have no points showing on my license. If it was any other officer than the guy that stopped me, the SC would have gotten impounded and I'd have had to spend the weekend in the Berrien County Hotel. I'd also probably lose my job since I wouldn't get arraingned till Tuesday at the earliest and I am supposed to work 8:00-6:00 Monday and since we only have 2 guys at the shop if I didn't show up the boss would be ticked off and probably can me. So I definately wasn't thinking of the consequences. I just got caught up in the moment. I know we all screw up sometimes. I so deserved to get busted but I am glad I got a warning. I still can't figure out why this guy let me go.

I'm sure the guy in the 35th was laughing his ~~~ off when he saw me get busted. If I ever see him I'm gonna try to talk to him. I've seen the car a few times before but I have never happened to get a light next to him and little did I think he was gonna want to give them a run. That was fun but it wasn't worth the possible consequences of going to jail.

Scott, I don't think I'd be naming names or you might not be able to catch a break again (not that you'll deserve it next time).

Kurt K said:
Scott, I don't think I'd be naming names or you might not be able to catch a break again (not that you'll deserve it next time).

I was thinking the same thing kurt

dude, i thought you grew up the last time you posted this crap. when are you going to learn? i hope you go to jail next time. mabey then youll learn but knowing your idiotic past, you probably wont learn til your dead.

^ harsh ? yes, truth, yes. all i ask is for you to stay the hell away from where i hang out.

Heck.....Why do they make cars that go fast if you cant ocasionally go fast. Everything in life is a risk....You shoulda seen that m5 that kicked my arse teh other day..sad sooo sad

1 Adam 12, 1 Adam 12

Scott Long said:
little did he know I knew who owned that car before he bought it and I know its stock under the hood.
Was that Adams old SC? Didn't he have Darek put the SIC back in, before he sold it?

Do you know who own the 7.55 sec, 180.xxx mph SC, in Benton Harbor? It's one of the 3 T-birds that Haas built. Bob Glidden got the other 2. I got pics of it, from the Thunder Nationals last weekend. I need to get them posted!!!

68COUGAR

I didn't know there was a 7.5 second SC race car in BH.

This was Mark B's car from Berrien Springs, Scudders friend. He sold it recently.

Think! Think! Think!, I get my jollies at the track. Street racing is dumb. Where I live if you get caught they take your car and you are charged with a feloney.

Wow, thats harsh. Here they impound your car and can put you in jail for a misdemeanor. You also can get your license suspended and have a ton of fines and stuff to pay. Not really worth it. I don't know what I was thinking, wait, I wasn't thinking.

Keith, you're no saint either. I f'ed up and I know it. I'm glad I didn't get shafted this time.

I am in your boat I was very lucky one time. It was maybe a week or two after I got the sc and I saw a dodge stealth at the stoplight I wasn't gonna run him but he gave me a a look and then he floored it outta the hole so I followed suit. I got pulled over and the other guy took off the cop pulled me out of the car and ask what i was doing I was honest and said the guy floored it off the lighht so i followed suit. He said don't let me see you doing this again and let left.

New Club

Hey Schlong, WELCOME to the "I was Stupid in Front of a Cop Club"!!! I'm the Founding Member, Andy is VP, I guess that makes you Treasurer (or something similiar). Now we have Dan with us. As a group, 3/4 of us got turned loose. I know for certain that I used up a whole lifetimes worth of LUCK that day, (I'm a horribly UN-lucky person)!!!!! I'm sure you'll never forget the day I was lucky!!!!!

68COUGAR

Stupid as all stupid gets!

I was at a golf course parking lot just finished a good round of golf not to mention a few beers. My brother started to make fun of my ride, so I lit um up diong a donut in the parking lot. It was at nite so I couldnt see anyone looking except the cop doing his paperwork at the end of his shift. he pulled up with his lights a blazin. My bro said dude your f@#%^. The cop said "what the f%^* is wrong with you"! I said duhh I dont know. He said "are you stupid' I said yes sir absolutly stupid. He said knock that sh8t off and go staight home. I said yes sir straight home Im sorry. He said "Do that Sh8t again and you will be the sorryest A hole around". Boy was he pissed. I guess he wasnt in the mood for extra paperwork. Talk about lucky it could of been restricted lic impounded car and DUI to boot. Never again.

68COUGAR said:
Hey Schlong, WELCOME to the "I was Stupid in Front of a Cop Club"!!! I'm the Founding Member, Andy is VP, I guess that makes you Treasurer (or something similiar). Now we have Dan with us. As a group, 3/4 of us got turned loose. I know for certain that I used up a whole lifetimes worth of LUCK that day, (I'm a horribly UN-lucky person)!!!!! I'm sure you'll never forget the day I was lucky!!!!!

68COUGAR

what happened :confused:

Re: What Happened

turbospeed said:
what happened :confused:
I had a local SC meet at my house in SW Mich. I had recently had a bunch of work done to my car, (HG's, Cam, Headers, Big-Dawg, MAF, Injectors, Fuel Pump, thats on top of the other mods). All the guys wanted to see what my money had bought & wanted me to Light'em Up. Eventually I caved. The Schlongster was ridin' Shotgun & I had 2 SC kids in the back.

I lit'em up in the driveway & came out onto the road sideways. Held the tail out for about 50 yds. BIG smoke behind the car. When I looked up, I was lookin' directly at a sheriff deupty, about 100 yds in front, comin' at me.

So I straightend out the car & motored on.

I watched the cop in my mirror & he hit the lights. There was a van who thought the light show was for him, so he pulled over. The cop pulled over too. About 2 seconds later, the cop flips a bitch & comes after me.

I had a substantial head start, so I ducked into a trailer court about 1/4 mi. ahead. I (we) screwed around in the park for about 20 min. Then figured that the coast was clear, we headed back out to the road. The cop had perfect timing, cuz we met him (coming back), EXACTLY at the corner.

I turned right & motored slowly away. The cop flipped another bitch, & came after me. He Lit me up, but there wasn't any place to stop (guardrails), so I pulled ahead slowly, until I could found a safe place to stop.

I turned off the car, & laid the keys on the console. Since I figured that I was goin' to jail :eek: , at least Scott could get the car home, before it was impounded. Got my drivers license & registration out & waited for the cop.

Cop came up & told me to get out of the car. He also checked the ID's of everybody in the car. So I'm about 45 & the kids are all under 25, which DON'T look good. Cop takes me to the back of the car & reams me several new azz holes. I mean he was yellin at me. "What the F was that"? So I explained that I lived at the house with all the T-birds in front of it, & that was my car club, & how I'd just had a lot of work done to the car, & everybody wanted to see what the car would do. Then I said, "I knew I shouldn't do it, But I was stupid & did it anyway. You Got Me, I'm Guilty". Cop, "I don't ever wanna see that SCHITT again"!!!!!

That last part must have stunned the cop, cuz after reamin' me a few more azz holes, he walked back to his cruiser & drove off. I still thought I was goin' to jail, so I stood behind my car for about 5 min. (felt like HOURS). Still stunned, I walked back & got in my car. I looked at Scott & said something like, "I guess he let me go". Scott was as stunned as I was. I think the kids were scared as hell too, Not by the exibition, but by the cop yellin.

So we just motored home real slow, still not knowin' if everything was real or a dream.

I honestly have NO luck in my life. That's why I figure that I used up my entire lifes supply of LUCK, that day. That's IT, no more luck, for the rest of my life!!!!!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
I remember that, we tried the old smokey and the bandit trick of get real far ahead and then go hide. Well we pulled out and sure enough he was creeping down the road must have been checking every single driveway. He was a persistant deputy.

I couldn't believe it when Mark got back in the car and started it back up. I thought for sure he was going to go to jail for reckless driving or something. We drove back and asked the guys at the house if they saw that and they said "sure did". That cop just happened to be at the right place at the right time to catch us powersliding down the road.

Must've been the retired Air Force hat in the back window that let him know you are a veteran and maybe thats why he didn't take you in?

lucky story of the day!!!

this mornign i was taking my mom in the grand marquis to the bus station , she had to be there at 7:15 and it was 7:12 , so i was going pretty fast down some street , when a white expedition get besides me at a stop ligth , so i get quick of the line when it gets green and the expedition keeps up with me , at this point , were going 60-70 ina 45 zone , so tow blocks down , we both blow a yellow-red in the middle ligth , we stop at the next stoplight , and my mom says its a cop............so i get a look and it does have a radio near the window..... so it gets green and we both hit it , (at this point it was 7:14) and i get him by a car , i was getting near the bus station and i have to change to his lane , so i let him pass , when he passes me i see the plates..............Policia Baja California (Baja California PD)..........i made my turn and he went his way.........

later on i found out the local police chief got a new car............a white expedition. :eek: :eek: :eek:

A little story for you. In 1963 I was out driving my 1958 chrysler New Yorker it was the 392 hemi. Anyway i was drag racing a friend of mine. Cop started chasing me and I ran. He was driving a new Buick Wildcat. After about 35 minutes, They meaning about 4 cop cars got me. I get 8 tickets. Drag racing, speeding, running a stop sign, evading pursuit, wreckless driving,Causing an accident, (one of the cops ran into a tree trying to catch me.) injury to a police officer. (he got hurt) and last but not least a curfew violation. Needless to say my father was not impressed with my driving skills and neither were the cops. Luckily for me my dad had conections and it all got thrown out of court but Curfew violation. I thought I was slick half way to the car to go home my father beat me so bad I had to go to the hospital, right in front of the cops and they did nothing. I guess I learned my lesson. I have had one ticket since then last year. 45 years between tickets and I wouldnt race on the street for anything.:eek: :eek:

Back