WONT start AFTER injector INSTALL

X

xThunderbirdSCx

i installed some 42lb injectors today, and also a new S-Port supercharger and new plenum. Also, a new chip from Dalke was installed onto my ECU

I got everything back together and tried to start the car, but it wont start. It cranks just fine, but wont run.

Is there anything i may have left unplugged in that general region (SC) that would cause this?

It started fine and ran fine before i did this project so i dont believe it to be the CPS.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
i installed some 42lb injectors today, and also a new S-Port supercharger and new plenum. Also, a new chip from Dalke was installed onto my ECU

I got everything back together and tried to start the car, but it wont start. It cranks just fine, but wont run.

Is there anything i may have left unplugged in that general region (SC) that would cause this?

It started fine and ran fine before i did this project so i dont believe it to be the CPS.

mafs but your car should still atleast start even with that unplugged or not tuned correctly. There is also the IAC and if you left that unplugged the car will not run

i tried removing the chip, no luck

ill check the IAC valve (where is it at???)

i smell gas after trying to crank it so i dont know if im getting spark or not.

turns out that there is gas puddling up on the intake manifold, so my guess is a leaky injector.

any other thoughts as to what it could be?:confused: :confused: :confused:

You told me that you broke the clips for the injectors. There is clue #1. Pull the fuel rail off (ya, that means the SC too), and check your fitment. The injectors need to be fully seated into the fuel rail and the orings have to seal. Check their condition.

the injectors were in perfect condition when i bought them. i was planning on going back in there and pushing them down as much as i could. i didnt want to break anything.

would that cause the car not to start though?

Make sure all of the harness connectors to the DIS are plugged in. Then check make sure the crank sensor harness is plugged in. Same for the cam sensor harness. Check the fuses for the ECC in the power distribution box.

xThunderbirdSCx said:
i tried removing the chip, no luck

ill check the IAC valve (where is it at???)

i smell gas after trying to crank it so i dont know if im getting spark or not.

its on the throttle body

youre right.......one of the sensors was unplugged

now i have to deal with some of the worst terrible vac leaks i ever have.

I can HEAR a hissing coming from somewhere behind the supercharger when the car is running. All the tubes are connected though :confused: :confused:

There are a couple tough ones back there. Are you sure you have the one that goes way in the back, I think for PCV?

Are you sure the rear inlet plenum got on their tight? It's easy to get it kiddy wampus due to the way it carries it's weight.

the inlet plenum is tight....i also smeared it with copper RTV just in case.

the whistle seems to be coming from back in that region though.

im gonna ask dave dalke to help me fix it today

Back