What would I be getting

blueovaloh87

ok ok so I have a question!?....I removed the air box on my 92 SC and I also removed the box from under the airbox and I added a cone filter..what kind of hp do you think that added?...3-5? and what kind of gas milage would you all think it would add?..and what else can I add to make more hp? but also a few MPG?....any help would be great and is it true you need headers and exhaust before adding any sort of pulley?

Removing the air silencer is usually good for 1 or 2 HP if you keep the airbox and a panel filter. Removing the entire airbox and replacing it with a cone filter doesn't really add any more unless you block off the hot air under the hood from getting into the filter.

Magnum Powers sells what they call a Cool Air divider and some others here make there own to perform the same function.

David

I made my own divider, but the MagnumPowers one is nice & its probably worth getting their Cold Air Intake package (minus the filter). I wouldn't worry too much about aftermarket headers unless you are in to serious added horsepower; but you definitely need to start with the exhaust before going with any kind of overdrive pulley. Magnaflow & Flowmaster make very reasonable kits for our cars that you can install yourself - so take a look at the ones shown on SuperCoupePerformance's web site. Texas Thunderbird also does some nice ported stock headers.

Back