running...but engine bay smoke

SCMakeiv

hey guys, finally got the bird running, although after about 3-4 minutes of running i noticed some blue'ish smoke coming from the engine bay,both sides of the motor to be exact. EDIT:I am now positive that the manifolds are smoking cause of the paint, i started it up and let it run for a while and saw the grey paint discolor, so much for that idea, im sure it will just peel off. Sounds a bit off too...hard to explain, smooth but theres a constantly a tick. Vaccume is at 17in/hg or so and idle speed is about 800 in neutral, seems to idle fine, just a bit of a tick. I decided that i would take the belt off of the supercharger to ensure that it was the motor making that noise. While i was taking the belt off i noticed some gear oil on my finger...sure enough there is a drip at the snout. with the belt off i turned the shaft and could hear it turning. I did have the case in half over winter, and did refill the case to the bottom of the threads. have to find the right allen key and check level again before i put the belt back on. After belt was taken off the engine still had a tick, oil pressure was great, and increased with throttle. Started it about 3 times with buddies over to listen to it, and then tonight i started it by myself and no tick...i figured that something must have gotten stiff from sitting so long, also it did crank over quite a bit while i was troubleshooting. I let the car run for a bit and let the paint cook a bit, still some smoke when i turned it off. So now i just have to look into what to do with the supercharger. Sorry for long post, its been edited many times with progress...answered all my own questions as well.

PS. admin, could i get this moved to the tech board, too used to coming in this one since its been so long since i cared about the technical one.

Last edited:
Back