detinating

dustin

hey guys i got a 91 sc and its got a litlebit of porting done and a underdrive pully on the charger and it detinating pritty bad when io get on it a litle bit.. and i was wondering it because iv got a smaller pully on the charger will i need a smaller belt because im only making like 10 pounds of bost according to my gauge. :confused:

the reason youre detonating is most likely that you need a chip and a tune. The stock ECU settings cant handle a ported supercharger and 10% OD pulley

Low boost can be traced to vac leaks, boost leaks, or just a very open exhaust and intake system.

thanks man. i found a good kink in th efuel line right after the fuel filter, there cant be much fuel gettin throu. im gona try that first.

no....an opened exhaust (bigger manifolds, bigger pipes, or bigger resonator) would cause a lower boost

your boost problem could just be a poor supercharger. Take off the top and look at the edges of the rotors. If they are all scored (scratched and marked) it is not sealing properly

i changed the fuel line and that fixed the detinating problem. and the belt is slipping, does anyone know the exact length of belt i need ?

Back