alarm

dustin

settin my cars alarm? it goes off one and a while but i dont know how to activate it or is there a way?:confused:

Gonna Bump this one........

dustin said:
settin my cars alarm? it goes off one and a while but i dont know how to activate it or is there a way?:confused:

My 89 has a factory alarm that goes off if i unlock the door without the key after locking it(like with the window down).
It seems to rely entirely upon the latch mechanism to detect door open by force other than key.
Anybody know how to disable this thing?
Do I just unplug the box in the trunk?
I want to add my own keyless system and I don't want to fe_k aroundm with this factory deal....

paul

Doubt this will actually be of much help, but on my '89 XR7 (with keyless entry pad on door) the ONLY way I have ever triggered the alarm on it was to lock the doors (using elec. door lock button) when getting out then unlocking the PASSENGER side door WITH THE KEY.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Not sure why the alarm would go off if the passenger door is unlocked with the key, but it does.

My 89 does the same thing Tracy. If you lock the car with the switches, then unlock either door by reaching in and flipping the switch.....alarm goes off.

If I lock the car with the switches, then unlock the passenger side with the key.....alarm goes off. It's really f*cking annoying.

Micah

dustin said:
burn the dam thing:D

ha ha ha :D
I was just trying to save myself the trial and error....
I'm gonna just unplug the box in the trunk and see if I lose my courtesy lites and stuff..... I'll post any positive findings here in a cpl days....
BTW I have NO keypad on my car...

paul

my car does the same BS only it does it with any door, the only way to avoid the alarm going off is manually lock the doors, how do i fix this POS alarm system so it works correctly? anyone have any ideas? i know my 93 has a keypad on the door and it will stop going off when you put the code in, this car doesnt have that, or a remote.

Back