How could I permently disable traction control for 94-95s?

stick your thumb up you ~~~ and spin in circles. Works everytime.

Why would you want to permantly disable traction control ? I think it runs through the ABS as it reads off the wheel speed sensors. You could try being lazy and pulling the light behind the dash for the ABS and disconnecting the wheel speed sensors.

I Think What He Is Saying Is That He Is Removing The Panel, Therefore Will Not Have The Switch Present To Turn It Off When Desired. Since Traction Control Is For Dummies (imo), He Wants It Permanently In The Off Position So He Can Contribute To The Ozone Issues With Some Melted Rubber. I Think My Buddy W/ A 94 Lx Did This. Ill Ask Alittle Later...

x182dan said:
I am putting gauges where my vmm is and how could I permently disable traction control?

I KNOOW you can find what you're looking for on tccoa b/c i know I read about it. I think its as easy as cutting or splicing one single wire from the ABS computer, but im not 100%...it has been a while. OR, if you just want to move the switch just splice the wires to another switch in a more convenient location.

and from reading his mods it looks like he has a trak lock rear anyways so whats the point of having traction control.....

Frit

the way to do this is to find a bird in a salvage yard that has abs without traction control and snag it and swap your abs computer out problem solved. the abs computer which is mounted on the abs unit and is easy to remove. is difficult to find but it was available because my car is that way.

blown96bird said:
the way to do this is to find a bird in a salvage yard that has abs without traction control and snag it and swap your abs computer out problem solved. the abs computer which is mounted on the abs unit and is easy to remove. is difficult to find but it was available because my car is that way.

Hey are you talking about replacing it with a unit form a 89-92?

the traction controol is through the abs computer not the engine computer like later models have. I am refering to a 94-97 car. I don't see why a computer will not work from 94-97 because it is the same abs unit.

Back