235/55/17

If your wheel offset is right for the car, that tire size will fit on a lowered car.

cheers
Ed N.

Yes, I have the Pirelli P-Zero Nero 235/55/17 with my Eibach springs & they are ok. They are also a very close match in diameter to the stock 225/60/16 - so your speedo won't be far out either.

Paul of course it would..Then again I have 255/55/17's:O) and a 1.5 inch drop. With teh wrong offset rims it barely rubs when hititng akward bumps or when I have 5 people in the car (dont ask). Thast with a factory 17" 98 cobra rim

Damon, I thought that you had 255-50-17? :confused:

Paul, 235-55-17 is fine for a stock ride height car. They are a bit taller than the original tires, so it will help to fill the big fender openings.

cheers
Ed N.

more questions....

fast Ed said:
Damon, I thought that you had 255-50-17? :confused:

Paul, 235-55-17 is fine for a stock ride height car. They are a bit taller than the original tires, so it will help to fill the big fender openings.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks Ed, I just had it to the DMV for emissions, and their dyno was reading 25 MPH on their screen, but like 33 on my Speedo!:eek:
Is their equipment off, or is running 215 50 17 tires messing up my calibration that bad?
I did not buy these tires, they were on my LX when I bought it.
I'd go to 55's for those 17's to keep it close.....The 50's I have on there now look WAY short compared to the 60s' on my factory wheels....
Maybe the tire height number is wishy-washy from manufacturer to manufacturer?
These kinds of things keep me from sleeping at night.......
:eek:
Thanks Damon!:)
paul

215-50-17 is about an inch shorter than stock tires, so that's only about a 4% difference. Is that enough to mess with the equipment? I have no idea.

cheers
Ed N.

If you go on TireRacks web site, you can look-up your exact tire and get the proper dimensions.

Thanks Guys!
So does anybody know where one goes to have his speedo calibrated?
I've heard that the cops have to do it at least once per year, and its reccomended for civilians to do that also....

paul

Back