SC noise

arno

What would be considered acceptable noise levels for an 89 supercharger. I get some "gear noise' at idle only, and was interested to see if this was normal or signs of bearings giving up. I only have 65k on the car so I would be a bit suprised.

is it stock? cause my blower was makin nois so i put another one on that i had sittin around and the nois wentaway

Make sure that your fluid levels are up to the bottom of the threads on the supercharger plug.Remove plug and check on level ground,you can get fluid at GM about $5 a bottle.

Fluid is correct and has been maintained regularly. Just looking to see what is considered normal. All engines make some noise, just wondering how much for this one.

I would suspect the coupler connection in the snout. They are prone to make a rattling sound especially at idle when getting worn. You can get a good aftermarket replacement from Wynn (tbird88) at his business TexasThunderbirds. They arent very expensive. John

AnnivSpeCpe said:
I would suspect the coupler connection in the snout. They are prone to make a rattling sound especially at idle when getting worn. You can get a good aftermarket replacement from Wynn (tbird88) at his business TexasThunderbirds. They arent very expensive. John

It is a rattling kind of noise, I'll check.

Thanks

Back