Running hot another fan ?

Willy

I've read all the post on fan mod with #14 and #17 wires on the ircm. Question is leaving #14 cut will this cause low speed to stay energized while high speed is on? also I read cutting #14 on ircm and jumping the control module side to #17 ircm and this will disable low speed when high speed comes on, should I go this route.

Willy said:
I've read all the post on fan mod with #14 and #17 wires on the ircm. Question is leaving #14 cut will this cause low speed to stay energized while high speed is on? .

YES.

.[/QUOTE]also I read cutting #14 on ircm and jumping the control module side to #17 ircm and this will disable low speed when high speed comes on, should I go this route.[/QUOTE]

YES.
I'm wiring a switch to mine so I can change it to stock at a whim from inside the car...

paul

What I did on mime was to cut the #14. Put a spade connector on the IRCM end of #14 and a 3M splice connector on the #17; then connect the two. This ensures that the low speed will be disengaged if the high speed kicks on. Then for the winter I put a female connector on the other end of the #14, disconnect the spade end from # 17 and connect them back together (back to stock). Putting a switch on the #14 will give you more control in the Spring & Fall (instead of it running all the time); but you have to run 2 wires to your switch, don't just ground it, because you always need to de-energize the low speed if it gets hot enough for the high speed fan to run.

Thanks fellas for the replies I'm going to try this. Don't want the bird running on the hot side.

Back