Clutch Help

Smokin-SC

Well gentlemen, i was involved in a self inflicted accident about 9 months ago with my SC. Had a small fire that burned up my hydrolic line for my clutch and I am in desperate need of some help from you guys on how to repair this last thing to get my baby back on the road.

Just wondering what i could use for line, fittings, and how much of a pain in the neck this job is. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanx a bunch guys

It will suck. It's a special fitting that I'm not aware can be sourced anywhere else. You could check with a driveline shop that does clutches and see if they can help.

Otherwise a hydraulic shop should be able to make you a hose and cobble up some fittings. But you'll have to pull the trans to change the fitting on the slave cylinder to do this.

Well I should probably get 'er on jack stands then, and make a few calls on the fittings.

If anyone knows the specific's on these fittings it would help my search alot.

Thanx Guys !

well, I just went through all of this and let me tell you that it is no fun. First off, you want to replace the hydrolic line and master cylinder as a unit. find somone with a used one in the classifieds. just disconnect the master cylinder shaft from the back of the gas pedal. you will have to move some vaccuum line out of the way, so be sure to label everything. I removed the bolt that holds the vacuum tee that feeds the windshield wipers and vacuum line to the intake plenum. that certainly cleared up some space. then grab the master cylinder and rotate it 45 degrees or so counter clockwise. picture going from 12 noon to 10'o clock. the mastercylinder will now pull out of the fire wall. I pushed the whole thing under the brake master cylinder to be able to fish the whole thing out. just pay attention to how the line is routed. Installation is reverse of removal. Be sure the hydrolic line goes beneath the steering shaft. All and all it wasnt to bad, just looked like I was arm wrestling a badger, thats all. the hardest part was getting the piston shaft past a stupid wiring harness. If you have any questions feel free the let me know.

Rick

Back