PDA

View Full Version : Oil smells like gas, smoking

Treys92
06-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey guys, I used the search feature and couldn't find anything that quite matches my car's symptoms. So here's the deal.

Today on my way home for work, sitting in traffic, I noticed a small amount of smoke coming out of the passenger side of my hood. My car wasn't running hot or irregularly, so I figured it was ok to drive home.

Upon inspecting it, I noticed that there was some smoke and oil coming out of the breather tube that is usually connected to the intake tube. It must have come disconnected at some point. On top of that, i took the oil fill cap off and some smoke was coming out of there too. I smelled the cap and the fill neck and it smelled like gas....

Anyone have these symptoms before?? What's the cause?

I have gathered that it could be worn piston rings, a vacuum leak, a bad FPR, or a combination of them...any help is greatly appreciated.

-Trey

Big Cat Davo
06-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Replace your PCV Valve. I bet that is the culprit.

Dave

Treys92
06-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I did see the PCV valve mentioned a couple of times. I'll have to do that this weekend. If anyone else has any other suggestions, I'm always opened eared.

Thanks Davo

-Trey

Pit Bird
06-03-2006, 12:15 AM
if you change the PVC MAKE sure it is the one from Ford! you can get them from http://rockauto.com/ most of the dealers no longer cary them. Anything I have used in the aftermarket was not to good and will not fix the problem.

Treys92
06-03-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the info. I had read that only the Ford PCV works for the SC. Something to do with it closing under boost i think. I'll order one ASAP and get it put in. Doesn't seem like a difficult job, any one have pointers??

-Trey