Front Rotor Removal ?

Spider

im sure this has been posted before but i tried searching front and back of the search funtion and since it uses key words to find what i need i coem up with 1,000's of post and i cant find it.

How do i take of my front rotors so i can get them resurfaced. i got no money and my neighbor can do them for free for me. so i need to get them of hopefully without having to replace anything else. but if i do need to replace something what would i need ?

:eek: i better make sure i got that. im sure i dont :(
gotta take it off at night so i can leave it with my neighbor in the morning so i can then put it back on when he gets home.

Don't mess around with the torx caliper bolts - just remove the 2 x 15mm bolts that hold the caliper bracket to the spindle and pull the whole assembly off. Make sure you tie them off with a hook or piece of wire on your springs (so you don't strain the brake hose).

89SCK@t said:
its a t45 torx on the caliper slide pins, be careful.

The new replacement bolts are 10mm heads now, no more torx. Found this out Saturday morning when the torx bolts were all ripped to shreds. $5 each for the new ones at Advance/Autozone. Should be easier to work on now.

just got them out with a T-40 used my POS one and it broke on the 3rd bolt so i got my neighbors Bit and got it out. i just stuck the caliper back on as if there was a rotor there, fits nice and snug. thanks for the help :) my rotor will be back in the afternoon and hopefully that will fix my aggressive steering wheel shake when braking

Back