Please Help!!!

lilLemke

Alright, I've been having this problem for some time now. my 90 sc is throughing to code sets of 66. which is Mass air flow sensor- voltage too low or transmission oil temp. sensor signal to low.
The car has a new D.I.S. Module, T.P.S., I.A.C. motor, Mafs, and coolant temp. sensor. What is going on with my bird. Do we have some type of trans. temp. sensor. thanks for any help in advance.

O YA, once the car warms up the car acts normal and the check engine light turns off.

Last edited:
Did you clean the elements ? Since a C&L uses the stock electronics (what gets dirty) just changing the MAF housing and sample tube won't fix the problem. Use some brake cleaner to spray the wire elements and allow it to dry before restarting the car.

David

Well it won't be the temp for the trans since these cars don't have a trans temp sensor.

Go get a can of electrical parts cleaner and clean the element in the MAF and the socket where the wiring harness plugs in. Then pull the battery cables for a few minutes to reset the computer. Go for a short drive and report back.

Hope that helps.

I know this sound weird, but have you changed your 02 sensors? Seriously. We had a Bronco in the shop that had a slow reading on the #1 bank. It was throwing MAF codes but of course that would not fix it. Even though the 02s are not supposed to effect the car in open loop, it does. I can not say for sure that it is the problem, but sometimes you have to think outside the box...

On a different note, I would take a can of carb cleaner and hit all the surfaces of the intake(s) and such. Perhaps when it heats up, the expands engouh...like the all aluminum 427 back in the GM days...

Chris

alright I'm going to clean the maf connections with electrical cleaner and I'll pick up two O2 sensor. I check the 02 sensor and they look like they are the original ones. ill let you guys know my findings. thanks for all your help.

Back