unknown parts

ThunderDave

I have a connector at the rear of the intake manifold on my 89 that I don't know what it goes to. the-big-e took some pics from an 89 he's got, but he doesn't know what the part is called or what it does. Pics are below.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Plug 005.jpg
    Plug 005.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Plug 004.jpg
    Plug 004.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 72
RadiumSC said:
I have a connector at the rear of the intake manifold on my 89 that I don't know what it goes to. the-big-e took some pics from an 89 he's got, but he doesn't know what the part is called or what it does. Pics are below.

Thanks!

That would be the EGR trandsucer, otherwise know as the EGR pressure sensor.........

Derek

Some Do, & Some Don't

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
i beleive if you take that off too, you will get a CEL, I deleted mine and took that off and i get a CEL
I deleted the EGR on my '89 5-spd XR-7, & NEVER got a CEL. Don't know why some people get a CEL & some dont'.

68COUGAR

Did you take that transducer (pressure sensor) off also. I was told a while back on here that if you take off that transducer you will get a CEL. Well, i lost mine, and i obviously didnt put it back on. Hmmmm, i may have to go out and buy one of find one and try it out........

Derek

5-spd Computer thing?

turbospeed said:
yeah i deleted mine too and never got a CEL.
Maybe it's a 5-spd computer thing, that both of us have no CEL with EGR delete.

68COUGAR

86'ed the Transducer

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Did you take that transducer (pressure sensor) off also. I was told a while back on here that if you take off that transducer you will get a CEL. Derek
Yep, I 86'ed the transducer. Capped the vac. nipple, & put headers on. I didn't have to re-wire anything.

68COUGAR

Back