IC fan

thundrburd

ok, I just got my ic fan in, and want to install it but I am trying to figure out the best way, I want it to come on when I turn the car on , but I want to have a switch in the car to be able to turn it off if I want, anyone have any suggestions on the best and easiest way to do this ??
Thanks

Tony

ok well does anyone know an easier way, that way looks to be a pain in the ~~~ , and I cant read them diagrams very well
thanks,

Tony

so what do you connect 30 on the relay too ??
can you hook it up straight to the battery terminal or is that not where to hook it ??
thanks

Tony

i actually tapped into the power wire that runs into the radiator fan, and being i have cut wire 14 So low speed on all the time, the ic fan runs on along with it all the time. Did this for 2 cars and never hurt nothing

there are three going into the same fuse on the power distribution box, can I tap into either of the three, I see two going to one side and one going to the other side of the fuse

I used the same 30amp relay with the main power coming from the battery side of the selenoid. I used the power for the console light to power the relay via a console mounted switch.(where the fog light switch is on tbirds).
With this set up you can run the fan when the power is off as well as when the car is running. It can run for a couple of hours with the car off and not drain the battery down.

Kurt

Attachments

• P1010530.JPG
    P1010530.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 43
Back