Spark Plugs for a 94 T-Bird 3.8L SC Engine

Bird of Prey 94

What are the differences, if any, between spark plugs Motorcraft AGSF44FM compared to Motorcraft AWSF-34PP or Autolite APP-2544 that is recommended for the 94 T-bird 3.8L SC engine?

I just put in the Motorcraft AGSF-44FM, and I noticed the engine temperature is some what hotter than before. Sometimes the electric fan does not chip in on cue making the engine creep close to the hot zone. I have read the recommended plug gap is between .052-.056. I have mines gapped at .054. Is there such a thing as a hot plug compared to cool plug? Are the plugs that I have in there a hot plug and is that creating my high temperature problem?

How can I correct this problem?

I got the autolite book and cross referenced the AWSF-32PP plug and bought the autolite equivalents. I don't know the autolite number off the top of my head but I know my plugs are supposed to be a heat range colder. Which is what I wanted since I am going to soon be bottle fed. I am going to get some standard copper plugs though since I hear nitrous and platinum plugs don't go well together.

Thanks I guess I will have to get an autolite book and see if the plugs I got are cross referenced.

Scott Long said:
I got the autolite book and cross referenced the AWSF-32PP plug and bought the autolite equivalents. I don't know the autolite number off the top of my head but I know my plugs are supposed to be a heat range colder. Which is what I wanted since I am going to soon be bottle fed. I am going to get some standard copper plugs though since I hear nitrous and platinum plugs don't go well together.

Back