So how fast is this one???

What is that knocking sound? It sounds like the flexplate is hitting something... Also...what did you say in the last video? "Oh darn" or "All gone" or something liike that. What does it look like from the outside? I want some better video.

Chris

see if this helps....

seawalkersee said:
What is that knocking sound? It sounds like the flexplate is hitting something... Also...what did you say in the last video? "Oh darn" or "All gone" or something liike that. What does it look like from the outside? I want some better video.

Chris
Chris, the knocking sound is a small exhaust leak from one of the slip tubes on the headers....On that last video, I said "all done" There is a 1/4 mile spot we have marked out for testing. I referenced that point as I crossed the mark... In one of the others you can hear me banging the rev limiter between the two shifts..
Now as for the view from the outside, we will see what we can do. It is really hard to do the cam& the wheel at the same time, much less leave it set up on a tri pod. My luck someone would help themselfs to it before I got turned around......Rich

Nice Rich. If my math is right (and your 1/4 mile measuring is too), that looks like conservative low 10's. Can't wait to see it at the Shootout.

second set.....

David Neibert said:
Sounds pretty fast Rich....are you still using the M/T ET drag radials for street tires ?

David
Yes David, This thing still is on E/T's. :eek: I am looking for something else to run, but there is not much out there that will hook up.:( As it is these tires will spin all the way thru first and into second if you really get into the power. True slicks are better,;) but the ticket on the street is a bit more than I like to pay :( f you get stopped.......Rich

pro street rich said:
much less leave it set up on a tri pod. My luck someone would help themselfs to it before I got turned around......Rich

i doubt anyone would take it knowing if they did they would have a modified big block coming after them :D im sure you wouldn't have any problems catching them :rolleyes:

David Neibert said:
I think you better start saving to get your car out of the police impound lot. :cool:

Lol....looks whos talking :rolleyes: :D

But seriously Rich, NO MORE TACH SHOTS! Its hard to get a feeling of how fast a car is by a tach. A speedo shot would have been much cooler! Make some more!

pro street rich said:
Yes David, This thing still is on E/T's. :eek: I am looking for something else to run, but there is not much out there that will hook up.:( As it is these tires will spin all the way thru first and into second if you really get into the power. True slicks are better,;) but the ticket on the street is a bit more than I like to pay :( f you get stopped.......Rich

come on rich, you dont need slicks, just a nice drag radial. your 4 seconds slower than the DragRadial Outlaw class was at wfc. 6-7 second cars on dr's your slow (in comparison) led sled can do it.

Rich,

You still have not fixed that exhaust leek since last time I rode in the car almost a year ago? Gotta get on that one bro. You need a video of it from the outside of it so you can tell it is going fast cause at the prospective that you are shooting from it just seems to make a bunch of noise and not go anywhere. Non-the-less its still a cool car to ride in.

Shane

Looks like you need some of the 340cc 412cfm Trickflow heads and a tunnel ram intake. With a 276*/281*, .720/.720, 110lsa cam

food for the hungry...

seawalkersee said:
You care to delve into the *specs* of what ya got inside? Is that still an IRS rear end?

Chris
Yes, it is still the "IRS" back there. There are some pic's around here that show the engine....Yes it is a V8, that you can be sure of.
Now as for the nuts & bolts, Alum."SVO" block, Super cobra Jet Alum. heads, Roller everything, speical rods & Pistons. "Crab"style "Hi Riser intake. Comp Holly double pumper, MSD 7A for power. There is a C6 with a stall convertor, and that's about it...
Now Shane, as for that exhaust leak, that was fixed. Now I have a leak on two of the slip tubes on these "Hooker Comp" headers. They are not really made to put any exhaust behind them as they will leak out the slip joints. There are six slippers on this set, so there will be some noise.....Rich

Back