AC Compressor & Acces. Brackets

Thomas A

Have a few left overs from my 1993 I'd like to get out of the garage. First is a good working AC Compressor and clutch. Has around 82K miles on it, worked fine when removed. Also have both accesory brackets. The jackshaft bearing is in great shape.

I just want to get these out of the garage, so make me an offer.

Thomas

Thomas,
Is the compressor the a rebuilt one for the R134a? My SC has been upgraded, but the compressor never was and it burned out...

Pretty sure it's straight from the R12 system. I don't think it matters too much when it comes to coverting a system to R134.

Thomas

How long will it work? That's the question. I've spoken with several techs around here and when they see A/C touble, it is usually about a year after the system was upgraded from the R12 to the R134a. That seems to be what happened with mine. I believe I've got an R12 compressor that works (I have to dig through my parts boxes to see for sure) but if so, then we can try that. I just want it working again and not have to worry about it for a few years...hehe...

Thomas,

I might be interested in the brackets. Do you have both, meaning, A/C and power steering brackets? If so, I think you can figure out what I want to do with them.

I wonder if I can upgrade your R12 A/C compressor to a R2D2 A/C compressor?

Yes, I have both sides, but the one is slightly different then the '94-'95 style, since the DIS is located in a different spot.

Thomas

What's the difference? Anyway, I take it you are coming to the KC meet this month? Could you bring the brackets and the other parts with you.

So does that mean the compressor is sold then? I took a look when I got home today and I either sent my old one with the '89 to the junk yard or sold it to someone. I can't remember either way, but I know that it's no longer here. I suppose that even if it only lasts this summer it's better than driving around with the windows down in 90+ degree heat like it was today...

Back