Heads & Cam

OneFastBird

What heads and cam is recomended for my SC that I would plan on driving it up to 3-4 times a week and I want a could bit of power out of it. I want to be able to take it on the interstate every once in awhile to. I have alot of performance bolt-on. Thanks

OneFastBird said:
What heads and cam is recomended for my SC that I would plan on driving it up to 3-4 times a week and I want a could bit of power out of it. I want to be able to take it on the interstate every once in awhile to. I have alot of performance bolt-on. Thanks

List all your existing mods and what your HP or track performance goals are.

David

Mods are as follows:

MP 3.5" intake
80mm mafs
MP 85mm t-body
MP Inlet
S-model
Inlarged SC top
inner cooler fan
Borla cat back
soon to be front Mount
255lph fuel pump
5% sc pulley
soon to be a jackshaft pulley and underdrives, ported manifolds

I would like to get my car down in the 12's high 12's are fine!

OneFastBird said:
MP 3.5" intake
80mm mafs
MP 85mm t-body
MP Inlet
S-model
Inlarged SC top
inner cooler fan
Borla cat back
soon to be front Mount
255lph fuel pump
5% sc pulley
soon to be a jackshaft pulley and underdrives, ported manifolds

I would like to get my car down in the 12's high 12's are fine!

What year is the car...auto or 5 speed ? Any tuning devices ?

David

It's a 94 5-speed and no tuning device, I have a fuel pressure regulator, I just need to install it. No chip burned or anything like that yet!

In addition to the stuff you listed, a set of ported heads and a matching cam along with 50# injectors, a tune and possibly some gears, should be all you need to reach your goal. The average 5 speed needs about 325 rwhp and a set of slicks to run high 12s.

David

Dave,

Why not 42's? I thought they were sufficient for 325 HP. Are they too small for his upgrades?

Back