Switching from 95 braking Sys to 93?

Tbirdsc Colonel

Now that I have my third random brake vacuum leak I am getting really tired of it. Can you switch from the vacuum driven brakes to the hydralic that the earlier birds have?

:eek: now THAT has to be a first on here. Normally everyone is crying to get rid of the older style to get the vacuum brakes.

I would say your better off determining extactly why your loosing the vacuum? If you give us more details on whats breaking, then maybe some folks can help you out here to fix what you have ;) .

Frit

93 has the later style brakes. 92 was the last year for the crappy system, it would definitely be a step backward if you were able to complete the swap. I can't even imagine what might be involved doing that.

cheers
Ed N.

The issue with my 95 ofter two hoses cracked now I have a leak only at higher boost levels. After WOT whenever I let off of the gas after that, when it is idleing down the brake get really hard then by the time it gets down to idle it has the vacuum leak idle that im sure almost all sc owners know. If i let it stall out and let it sit for around 5 minutes I can start it up and its fine. If I start it right away it will start the vacuum leak agian.

Sounds like oil is getting into you check valve and it is sticking. Replace your check valves.

Back