Pricing New Injectors

Dahoopd

My next purchase is injectors and I have done some searches. Where is the best price and brand. Any input feedback. Thanks D

My lucas 42 lb. are decent. I need a fuel pressure regulator to get the idle back to normal. Sometimes it takes ALOT of cranking to get it started. I don't know how they will fare when I get it tuned, but I have no problems with them.

Dahoopd said:
Anyone using these? They seem like a good price............

http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html

For $100 more you can get 50# flow matched. Does flow match make a big differance in a car with stock motor and lots of bolt-ons

Hi there!

I have those injectors and I bought them there. But I haven't installed them yet because I think I will need the fuel pressure regulator...;)

I finally changed my clutch yesterday and installed the short throw shifter. Wow! What a difference!!! :D

Supercharger is also waiting installing while I have so busy on work... How's your project?:cool:

Sampo said:
Hi there!

I have those injectors and I bought them there. But I haven't installed them yet because I think I will need the fuel pressure regulator...;)

I finally changed my clutch yesterday and installed the short throw shifter. Wow! What a difference!!! :D

Supercharger is also waiting installing while I have so busy on work... How's your project?:cool:

Im running those injectors good stuff. Great price too, i wouldnt buy injectors from anywhere else

Sampo said:
Hi there!

Man its going..............In the wrong direction. I started with a blower upgrade, well that lead to everything that needed to go with it.....TB, MAF, Injectors and ended up MP plenum, FMIC. That turned into parts being polished and half the wiring being ripped out to redo the loom and reroute some of the worm infestation of wires Ford put in there. Other than that......I love my car and will push on. Manic Mania!

The injectors are cheap enough, then you have to buy a FPR which is atleast another $100. So now you have to ask yourself, why not get the proper Ford Racing ones to begin with? :)

Toms-SC said:
The injectors are cheap enough, then you have to buy a FPR which is atleast another $100. So now you have to ask yourself, why not get the proper Ford Racing ones to begin with? :)

Why cant the factory FPR be used. I just put a brand new one on. Does it not have the ability to feed larger injectors. I am glad you brought that up. I would much prefer to put it on if needed before putting the SC back on.

When you go 'After Market' injectors you'll have to buy an FPR so you can match the factory flow. If you buy Ford injectors the flow matches so you will not need an FPR.

Last edited:
Wrong term as, 'impedance' is an electrical characteristic and has nothing to do with fuel pressure.

Bigger injectors are usually have their flow rated at 43psi. That's above the stock FPR fuel pressure. They will work with the stock regulator, though idle quality can be an issue and they won't achieve their max flow with the stock regulator.

50's probably wouldn't be to bad. I'll be using 60's and will be upgrading the fuel system and adding a remote adjustable fuel pressure regulator so I can get decent idle plus max fuel flow.

So no, you don't need a new fpr unless yours is failing. A shockingly rare failure on our cars.

Mike8675309 said:
Wrong term as, 'impedance' is an electrical characteristic and has nothing to do with fuel pressure.

Bigger injectors are usually have their flow rated at 43psi. That's above the stock FPR fuel pressure. They will work with the stock regulator, though idle quality can be an issue and they won't achieve their max flow with the stock regulator.

Do'h! Your totally right.

Probably confusion comes from "big" injector versus "BIG" injector.

We use high impedance injectors, some manufacturers use low impedance injectors. Last I heard about BIG injector talk was Dave Niebert and his turbo v8 car where he needed a completely new controller to allow the use of Peak and Hold injectors. To get up into the 80lb injector range you end up with Peak and Hold injectors. Something that our computer can't control directly.

Mike8675309 said:

50's probably wouldn't be to bad. I'll be using 60's and will be upgrading the fuel system and adding a remote adjustable fuel pressure regulator so I can get decent idle plus max fuel flow.

So no, you don't need a new fpr unless yours is failing. A shockingly rare failure on our cars.

I assume using 42's will be ok or is that cutting it close to the stock 43psi on the FPR. I still havent figured out what size injectors I am suppose to use. I am suppose to use. I will figure that out later.

Stock injectors are high impedance.

Stock pressure is below 43psi, the stock FPR is rated at 39psi.

What kind of blower are you running and how much RWHP do you plan on. 42psi might take you to 400rwhp, but there are folks that I've seen around here maxing their 42's before they get to 400rwhp, at least I thought I had.

Personally I feel that 42's are too small if you ever plan on installing a MPIII or an auto rotor.

I bought the 60#injectors I'm using now from Racetronix.

Injector size rule of thumb for an SC.

30#=300 HP @ the crank
36#=360
42#=420
50#=500
60#=600

Assume 15% drivetrain loss for 5 speed
Assume 20% for automatic...assume an additional 5% for non locking converter.
Assume BSFC of .60

David

Last edited:
So if I got it right....my stock FPR will work fine with my #42 injectors?

I will have new style supercharger and already have a bigger TB, Mafs etc....

I heard someones have the problems with the idle if using bigger injectors...

I am useing match #42 injectors from Racetronix.They work just fine
with the MPIII ,76 MAF ,75 TB, Stock long block. I use the stock FPR.

I am going to swap motors with welded intake & exhaust ports with
cam, 85 MAF 85 TB, A/R blower raised manifold, two stage alc injection.
So I plan to jump up to #60 injectors.

The racetronix # 42s are for sale.

Randy

Last edited:
Back