Best Belts?

SCaddict

I will have my MPIII in a week or so and I was wondering what belts I should run. I will be overdriving the blower 15% - 20% currently I have 5% JS and 10% blower. I may switch to a 10% JS and 10% Blower pulley. Are the Gatorbacks ok or should I go with something else?

I've heard others say different, but with my experience the Gates belt is the best to go with. I got my car, in which, came with a Gates belt. I have no clue how long it was on there, but it looked pretty old. I ran it for about a year and a half and just recently changed to a Dayco PolyCog belt. This belt slips like crazy. I get about 10psi from an original 15psi with the Gates.

My vote, Gates.

CMac89 said:
I've heard others say different, but with my experience the Gates belt is the best to go with. I got my car, in which, came with a Gates belt. I have no clue how long it was on there, but it looked pretty old. I ran it for about a year and a half and just recently changed to a Dayco PolyCog belt. This belt slips like crazy. I get about 10psi from an original 15psi with the Gates.

My vote, Gates.

Ok, so I am without a doubt, not the only one that gets alot of slipping.

Marty, I used to get alot of slipping even after doing the little tricks to stop them from slipping. I switched to Gatorbacks and not a problem since.

Let me know when you are free to swap that thing over and we'll get it taken care of.

10% SC + 10% JS = OEM belt

With a +10% SC pulley & +10% JS pulley, you need an OEM length belt.

68COUGAR

What Pulley?

Gary Bitzer said:
goodyear gatorback, thats what i use and i dont have any slippage problems with mine.
No Slippage, with WHAT pulley? OEM, 5%, or 10%?

68COUGAR

Again, Which pulley?

CMac89 said:
my experience the Gates belt is the best to go with. I got my car, in which, came with a Gates belt. I have no clue how long it was on there, but it looked pretty old. I ran it for about a year and a half and just recently changed to a Dayco PolyCog belt. This belt slips like crazy. I get about 10psi from an original 15psi with the Gates. My vote, Gates.
Again, What SC pulley are you running? OEM, 5%, or 10%

68COUGAR

I'm running 7% custom aluminum pulley, with a goodyear gatorbacks. I have no belt slippage what so ever.

Marty, give me a shout and I'll show you a couple tricks to stop slippage.

If you really want to increase the boost and have no slip, I'd just get a set of tensioner springs from MP. It doesn't cost much, mine are on their way.

Back