Need a little help

mywhite89

Alright while im waiting for motor parts, I thought I'd fix a couple problems with the sc. I have an 89 5-speed. :D :D

My heater fan only works on high. I am assuming the fan resistor is bad on the car. Where is that located? Is there something else that seems to go bad on these cars to cause the same problem?

When I bought the car the a/c had absolutely no pressure in ther lines at all. I don't know if it leaked or the guy before let the freon out when working on it or something. Either way, I am going to assume that it probably has a leak because he probably would have charged it back up if it didn't.

Any common leaks in the AC system, I will just replace stuff preventatively if so.

Fixed.

Ok, so I didn't get any help on this:D . Thats ok though, I bought a new resistor from ford for about $20. The old one was in horrible shape. It was rusted, corroded, and every other nasty thing you can think up pretty much fits the description.

Problem fixed, fyi the resistor is located under the blower motor, took the glove box out to replace it

Found a few other little dumb things I have to fix like the hood and trunk lights do not work. Trunk light has no power at all going to it, maybe the switch is bad, guess I will figure that one out this week sometime.

Hood light housing is bad, so thats an easy fix.

I'll let you all know what fixes this stuff, so we can get some good technical knowledge up in here!!:D

Out of all the MN12 vehicles ive have 3 of them had shorted hood lights. They kept blowing fuses until I traced it down to either the light assy or a shorted wire going to it. I have unplugged my current birds hood light as a prevention since the small light does nothing but blind me when im working at night. I belive the interior lights, hood and trunk lights are on the same fuse though.

Back