Need a bare block.

LilCop2002

Hey folks, I know that I'm a newbie, but I've been reading the forum for a couple of years now. I was just recently able to look at a 1994 5 spd that I will be getting next weekend. The only problem is that the block might be cracked. The reason we think that it might be is because of the fact that the headgaskets were done and it is still leaking coolant into the oil. I hope that it is something simple, but it might be that I need to replace a block.

If you have a lead on a bare SC block for a decent price, let me know. I live in East Tennessee or to be more specific, Knoxville, TN. I saw that there was one in PA, but I didn't want to hijack his thread nor step on his balls in case he didn't get it yet.

Thanks for the help,

Julian AKA The Sarge

need a bare block

I have a complete engine thats needs to be rebuilt [oil pressure problems]. However I live in central Fla.$200.00 would buy the whole thing from oil pan to intake. Dont condem the block just yet first check for cracked heads [Pressure testing] or a coroded front timing cover. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads-up on your engine. I'm not condemning the current engine at all. I'm more or less trying to make sure that my plans are going to line up. I don't want the car to be down for a month while I'm out looking for a block. I'm sure that we all can understand that.

Thanks,

Julian

Back