Girlfriends car goes 15.00 @92 in 85 degree heat

4cefed

It was a very hot and muggy day, but the car did run pretty good. It is a stock GTP 2 door. It was pulling 2.1-2.2 60' times all night on goodyear eagle ls's. Overall, I am pretty happy with the car.

Edit: It was 85 at 10pm when the track was closing.

thats pretty cool, i almost traded my car for a 1996 GTP but the guy is a total flake and havent heard from him in almost a week...

what year is your girlfriends car ?

Gut the air box - you'd be surprised how much baffling is in there and how small the opening is. You should notice a slight difference afterwards - at the very least it will make the s/c will be louder.
Mike

Last edited:
I've been lurking around clubgp the past few weeks... I'm going to try to get my dad to drive the SC at the meet here in town, and get lined up with him. I have a few things up my sleeve for him, and the SC. He really has trouble launching the SC, but we'll see.

If that car had better tires like some Eagle F1 GS-D3's you could get 1.8 60 fts. and it'd run 14.2's all day even in that heat. What was the MPH it pulled.

A 3.4 inch pulley and a fresh air intake, have the u-bend removed from the exhaust (climb under the car and look, you'll see the u-bend), get a free flow catback exhaust, high flow cats, and a performance computer module for it, and it'll run 13.60's with ease. I think my next car will be a GTP so that I can park the SC's and use the GTP for going to work and I'll do some stuff, would like to get it into the 12's which can be done with headers, cam, roller rockers, intercooler, ported blower, and a small pulley on top of the exhaust and other bolt ons. For FWD those cars are impressive.

I keep telling her that we need to get another car for gas mileage reasons. Then, she could drive whatever we get, I get the GTP, and the Jeep and SC get to rest and keep the mileage off of them.

She likes the car too much to give it up.

What year is the GTP? as mentioned earlier, on the 97-98 gtps, the airbox was really restrictive. I saved the one out of my 97, if i get a chance tomorrow i'll snap some pics. All the air from the panel filter is forced through this little tiny hole. Oh, and some engineer decided itd be a good idea to put the PCM im the middle of the airbox.

-nick

I'm planning on gutting the airbox today after work. I suckered her in to driving the Jeep today saying that I would change the oil after work(it doesn't need a change yet), but i will pull it in to the shop and gut the airbox.

The car is a 2000 with 70k on it.

Back