Can the Teves MarkII be used like a conventional master cylinder?

quick35th

Guys I know my title might not be the best one for this but bear with me for a second. Ok before I get jumped with people saying that conventional brakes run off engine vac and the Teves unit runs off electric pump the pressurizes an accumulator which suplies the brakes with pressure, I know all this already. My question is, is there any way I can use a Teves unit much like a conventional master cylinder? I wont be using the ABS portion of the Teves unit at all. See the reason I ask this question is because I need brakes for the race car and today I was at a junkyard where I picked up a conventional master cylinder of of a NA 3.8L Bird. When I took it home the studs in the back of the booster does not line up with the holes in my firewall on the car. Yeah I could drill a hole in the firewall for the one stray stud that doesn't line up but then my brake pedal doesn't line up either. So I already have this Teves master cylinder unit that came with the car sitting on the shelf and thats what got me wondering. If I could somehow run power to the pump and when presure dropped down it would trigger the pump to run and replenish the pressure in the accumulator. Could this be done without retaining the ABS? I just want a simple brakes system that I can bolt up without hassle. Let me know what you guys think or if you guys have any other ideas for me.

Shane

There's been several discussions on getting rid of that Teves unit, and I think but don't quote me on this but there's a crown vic booster that fits right in and a master cylinder from something else will bolt to that and not get in the way.

I wouldn't try playing with that Teve's especially if your only racing that car and concert to a conventional braking system. Do a search as alot of folks have done this already :) .

Frit

Thanks guys for the help. The master cylinder that I got from the junkyard was off of a '93 NA Bird I think so that explains why it is not working. I'll have to check back with the junkyard today and see what they have.

Shane

Back