air dam??

operation rob

my 1993 LX had an air dam on it, and today while waxing the SC, i noticed it doesnt have an air dam. could this possibly be a reason why it's overheating? or do SCs just not come with an airdam? thanks.

Yes your SC needs an air dam and this could be one of the causes of your over heating.

If you do a search you will find lots of info on air dams. :D Lots of people are using a gm air dam to replace theirs look for a tread on that.

ipeefreely said:
Yes your SC needs an air dam and this could be one of the causes of your over heating.

If you do a search you will find lots of info on air dams. :D Lots of people are using a gm air dam to replace theirs look for a tread on that.
so this stupid air dam could fix all my problems :mad: :mad: :mad: i really dont know why i didnt think of it when it first started overheating.

If your car gets hot sitting in traffic or at low speeds the air dam won't help, but if your only getting hot at highway speeds then yes it will help.

David

PS:Rob, I'm afraid you have bigger issues.

David Neibert said:
If your car gets hot sitting in traffic or at low speeds the air dam won't help, but if your only getting hot at highway speeds then yes it will help.

David

PS:Rob, I'm afraid you have bigger issues.
it only gets hot when i drive, but it can sit there and idle and not have a problem. and i'm afraid i have bigger issues too :(

Will the Xenon front air damn substantially increase air flow (in place of the stock SC or stock GM air dams?) I am assuming/hoping so.

Back