Confusions, yeah, its me again...

SK_BlownThunder

Okay, so I bought a brand new ICM from Part Source, put it into my 1990 SC 5-speed, and it would not even start the car. I double-checked the model numbers and sure enough, it is the right one for the car. Well my car has had these sensor problems ever since I did the HB. (Thinking PIP or Cam Position Sensors, somewhere...both brand new!). With the new ICM, the car would crank over, then sputter and spit and then just not fire up. It would do this over and over again and just would not do anything. I put the original Motorcraft one back on and bada boom bada bing, everything works fine.

Well we tried this new ICM in my buddy's SC (exact same as mine) and sure enough, it works just fine. His original Motorcraft ICM was messing up on him and only running four cylinders wherever he went. Now with the new ICM he is running good and even better than mine, both cars of which have identical mods) I tried his ICM in my car and yah, it would definitely only run four cylinders too, so he got his problem fixed so I sold him the new ICM, since it did not work in my car.

So basically, my Motorcraft ICM runs my car fine. The new one I got works in his car but does not even start mine up (engine turns over and then "conks out" immediately after a couple of turns or so). We put both new crank and cam position sensors in and still, the car does this conking thing once in a while when trying to start it. Even on the road when under heavy acceleration, it will jerk a bit like the motor is misfiring or something.

Opinions?

Back