i want to find my build number 4 my 35th

blueovalfever

I havnt been having much luck finding out my build number on my 35th anny. I also have an 89 sc, what is wierd to me is my moonroof switch on my 35th is the same as my 89, & i know ford changed it to where the dome light and moonroof switch are all in one piece in the roof. I know it was built in march of 90, I found stickers all over it. the vin is 1fapp64r4lh178477. I have a feeling its a fairly early one. I want to have the upholstery redone the suede is bad the rest is in good shape does anyone have an idea if i there is a factory style interior kit to redo the front and rear seats? I know one thing and I will probably piss someone off doing this to a 35th but that worthless pile AOD trans is history!!!! I am putting a 5 speed in it. The 89 recently got totalled and its a 5 speed.

From my '89 Shop Manual

blueovalfever said:
I havnt been having much luck finding out my build number on my 35th anny.
The Vehicle Certification Label (V.C. Label) is affixed on the LH front door lock panel or door pillar. The upper half of the label contains the name of manufacturer, month and year of manufacture, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR), Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) and the certification statement.

The V.C. label also contains a 17-character Vehicle Identification Number. This number is used for warranty identification of the vehicle and indicates: Manufacturer, type of restraint system, line, series, body type, engine, model year and consecutive unit number.

The last six digits of the Vehicle Identification Number indicates the Consecutive Unit Number of each unit built at each assembly plant. The Consecutive Unit Numbers begin as follows:
100 001 thru 600 000: Ford Division Vehicles
600 001 thru 999 999: Lincoln/Mercury Division Vehicles.

The remaining information on the V.C. Label consists of the following vehicle identification codes: color and body type, vinyl roof, moulding and interior trim. Additional codes indicate vehicle equipped with air conditioning, radio type, sun roof type (if any), as well as axle, transmission, spring, district and special order codes.

68COUGAR

NOTE: The Consecutive Unit Numbers are assigned when the order is received at Ford, NOT as the cars start down the assembly line. If you ordered your car at the beginning of the model year, but scheduled to have it delivered at the end of the model year, your car would have an EARLY C.U.N.

Last edited:
Back