Kenne Bell kit for sale for 5.0 guys.... Shane

XR7 Dave said:
Kenne Bell Kit

This would be a kick butt upgrade for anyone with a 5.0 in their SC. :)

Dave,

You stated upgrade for any

5.0. The add states 94/95's, they came with a 4.6. Is this compatable? Just wanted to clarify.

Last edited:
89xr7-sc said:
94-95 was a 5.0.
Later
Shaun

Yeup, you are right. I was thinking 93 was the last year for the 5.0. My mistake. It was actually the last year for the notchback.

all 94/95 mustangs have the Tbird type accesory setup including upper intake design..The cobra of course had teh GT 40 package....5.0

Dave, if you happen to come across one for a 96-98 Cobra 4.6L DOHC, let me know. I've been watching for a deal on one for awhile.

-Rod

78% feedback......and most of the negatives are from him not sending the item.

F that.

That would be a really cool idea Dave and thanks for pointing it out to me. The one problem I can see with it is that it would not work with a carb setup and it would make to much power for the class that I want to run in. For a street car it would be a lot of fun though.

Shane

Damon going carb is simpler and cheaper for me right now. Not sure if you have seen pics of my car or not but there is absolutely no wiring in the car at all and I dont want to spend the money on a stand alone along with all the other EFI parts.

In most classes in SCCA and NASA club racing you are limited to a HP vs weight ratio. I am not certain of the current ratio but since the car is only going to weight around 2700-2800lbs race weight (I am removing more weight) I will be limited to probably just over 300rwhp. In which case a NA carbed 302 with Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads which I have already can make that power number very easily.

Shane

Ahh ok..Its just when using the EEC mustang setup its an easy install and no chip required. I could probably scrounge up most of what you need FI wise if youy ever deciede

My friend from work has an 89 convertible and he just ordered that kit for his yesterderday. He ordered it direct from Kenne Bell and it was over $4K.

Dan

Dan he should have bought a Vortech..Cheaper and dare I say better..I had that same exact kit on my stang..Not very impressive..Or he should have gopne with the 2.2 Blowzilla..Cant comment on that one however

Back