Rear Irs Knuckle

I have also seen that the drum brake knuckles can be made to work. I believe it involves drilling out a few holes and grinding away some aluminum in the area where the caliper bolts. This info is from a old Fast Fords magazine article where they put disk brakes on an MN12 that had drum brakes.

But only the ones Ed mentioned are a direct replacement. I think the Mark VIII ones will work as well, but are probably hard to find.

That is correct, Mark VIII used the T-Bird part number knuckles.

And I do remember seeing mentioned on TCCoA that the drum brake knuckles could be modified to work. But why bother, when there are so many SC parts cars out there now.

cheers
Ed N.

I was thinking this time around for my Cobra brake swap to just get some used knuckles and do all the work off the car then replace..Less down time

Thanks!

That's the way to do it, Damon. Then you just swap the modified knuckles with new brackets on.

cheers
Ed N.

an easy way to remove a knuckle from a half-shaft is to get a BRONZE hammer and hammer the half-shaft, it will push the knuckle easily out, you need a bronze hammer or copper, so you wont damage the threads.... my dad taught me that one, didnt have the 50 bucks a 3 jaw puller...

If you need spare knuckles I have a bunch of them but you have to consider the wheel bearings too. Are you replacing those?
Alan

Back